aaronstyle

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Hipster Apple bashers in 3...2...1....[/citation]

ASSAULT IS IMMENENT! GET BACK IN THE BUNKER!! FFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Can someone tell me when did apple and the whole "innovashuun" collide?

Apple isnt creating anything new or exceptional, just styling phones and laptops to look simplistic and white.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]Can someone tell me when did apple and the whole "innovashuun" collide?Apple isnt creating anything new or exceptional, just styling phones and laptops to look simplistic and white.[/citation]

Have you seen the new Samsung Chromebox?!? lol Tell me that isn't a rebadged MAC mini! Also most of Apple's hardware is silver ;)

Just take a look at the Mercedes E/S class and Hyunday Genesis.
Do you think Mercedes is going to sue Hyunday anytime soon.
There are a lot of idiots that think just because the don't see other products on TV they never existed.
We should make all tablets either round, triangular or any other shape besides rectangular.

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Have you seen the new Samsung Chromebox?!? lol Tell me that isn't a rebadged MAC mini! Also most of Apple's hardware is silver[/citation]
I wasnt talking about samsung. I was just wondering why do people say apple is innovating when it hasnt actually innovated anything.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Have you seen the new Samsung Chromebox?!? lol Tell me that isn't a rebadged MAC mini! Also most of Apple's hardware is silver[/citation]
I have seen it. Apparently you haven't. Lemme guess, you're one of those people who bought a Galaxy and thought it was an iPad?

dns7950

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
[citation][nom]YouTube[/nom]The uploader has not made this video available in your country[/citation]
FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

cRACKmONKEY421

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
Not sure what kind of case Apple has. As I'm not sure[citation][nom]jojesa[/nom]Just take a look at the Mercedes E/S class and Hyunday Genesis.Do you think Mercedes is going to sue Hyunday anytime soon.There are a lot of idiots that think just because the don't see other products on TV they never existed.We should make all tablets either round, triangular or any other shape besides rectangular.[/citation]

Agreed. Designer impersonator perfumes are legal because you can't trademark a scent. Designer impersonator sunglasses are also common. Seems legal to impersonate a designer. I think the only question here is "did Samsung copy any Apple trademarks?".

I'd love to see Apple's legal team lose one. The only thing more pronounced than their legal team is their marketing team. Design takes third.

G

Seen a flashlight Imformercial on TV the other night called iLight, is apple gonna sue them next? There is also a Hair remover called i-Light pro by remmington.

lets make a product called iFailpod and see if we all get sued.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]I wasnt talking about samsung. I was just wondering why do people say apple is innovating when it hasnt actually innovated anything.[/citation]

Innovations in brainwashing, reprogramming and thought control?

Although the Conan video was a funny idea, they used doctored photos in their video. The same photos that were shrank and stretched the galaxy tab and s1 to match the exact dimensions of their apple counter parts. The same Photo's that got apple thrown out of some European courts.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]I wasnt talking about samsung. I was just wondering why do people say apple is innovating when it hasnt actually innovated anything.[/citation]
I think Apple is more of a revolutionizer rather than an innovator. I don't like Apple, but I do believe they revolutionized the portable mp3 player market with the ipod (players up until then were really junky and clunky), and I do believe they revolutionized the smartphone market (and similarly the app market--which didn't exist to any measurable amount before).

That being said, all Apple has done is stand on the shoulders of giants and come up with good marketing schemes to showcase Steve Jobs' obsessions. I wouldn't consider anything they've made other than the very first Macintosh computers to be innovative to any real extent.

jcurry23

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=874623&Q=&is=REG&A=details

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/mac_mini [citation][nom]jojesa[/nom]Just take a look at the Mercedes E/S class and Hyunday Genesis.Do you think Mercedes is going to sue Hyunday anytime soon.There are a lot of idiots that think just because the don't see other products on TV they never existed.We should make all tablets either round, triangular or any other shape besides rectangular.[/citation]

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
RAAAAAWRRRRRRR

/Sarcasm

I'm an aaaaaangry 'Roid fanboy and i think Samsung ruuules!!!!

iSheep!
You're holding it wrong!
Apple's never done nothing!
They suuuuck!!!

Awwww, my mom's calling me for dinner :(

GTG!

/Sarcasm

(Written on my Nexus 7)

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]jcurry23[/nom]http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/co [...] &A=detailshttp://store.apple.com/us/browse/h [...] y/mac_mini[/citation]

I'm an Apple defender that[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]I wasnt talking about samsung. I was just wondering why do people say apple is innovating when it hasnt actually innovated anything.[/citation]

Actually, Bill Gates among many people would disagree with you... You don't like the company, fine. But making history into what you want it isn't going to stick.

Samsung is a great company! They make great products - They should be able to use their own Industrial Design (ID)...

The Mercedes/Hyundai example is an interesting analogy.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]jcurry23[/nom]http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/co [...] &A=detailshttp://store.apple.com/us/browse/h [...] y/mac_mini[/citation]

I'm an Apple defender that actually doesn't think this one is a copy. They don't look alike, they are small form factor PCs.

(Written on my Nexus 7)

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
I love this video. It really highlights what is truly happening here. One of the reasons why Samsung is getting hit so hard and not any other company is the fact that Samsung had and has access to iPhone and iPad designs. While Samsung is not the main company assembling this units, they are the main company supplying the parts.

This is also one of the reasons why Apple has decided to start splitting up their ordering for the next devices. There is no denying that Samsung attempted to assemble an iPhone clone. In their own internal communications they referred to Apple's designs as the one to beat.

Now if Apple's main supplier was HTC, we would most likely see the same thing if HTC tried to make something that looked similar.

G

Sorry if this has been broad up:
But being from Denmark (EU) I have no trouble viewing the video what so ever. So it's clearly not restricted to US only, though some may be affected.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
They have similarities but so do cars, airplanes, boats, toaster and most importantly electric toothbrushes. It would be fun to hear how much cash/gear they got in "sponsorship" for doing that video, following the examples of what apple did in court - Photoshop it look as much alike as possible.

On a side-note - It would be fun to have Apple trialed for trying to manipulate evidence, there are severe penalty's connected to that crime in EU.

kronos_cornelius

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
[citation][nom]teh_chem[/nom]I think Apple is more of a revolutionizer rather than an innovator. I don't like Apple, but I do believe they revolutionized the portable mp3 player market with the ipod (players up until then were really junky and clunky), and I do believe they revolutionized the smartphone market (and similarly the app market--which didn't exist to any measurable amount before).That being said, all Apple has done is stand on the shoulders of giants and come up with good marketing schemes to showcase Steve Jobs' obsessions. I wouldn't consider anything they've made other than the very first Macintosh computers to be innovative to any real extent.[/citation]

Its true, the Galaxy S (1) is 4" screen. It has OLED (superior to iPhone) and it is lighter and thinner. I used one for a couple of years and would not mistake it for an iPhone.

There has not been a tablet with 8.9" screen with the weird aspect ratio of the iPad. Intead, the Android tablets have 16:9 (Cinema) aspect ratio.

It is obvious Apple is no longer happy with just paying Conan to swing an Apple product with the Apple log in his sketches. Now Apple wants its advertisement dollars to do MORE !

Conan should be careful of not alienating the little audience he has left.

anastasios912

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
I don't normally comment on articles because I try not to get involved in arguments on the internet...but do people actually believe that there is legitimacy in Apples claims? No harm at poking fun at the situation but seriously? This isn't good for the consumer at all, it's a huge blow to the competitive spirit of the market and it's resulted in a patent war where the firm with the most patents wins. Saying that Apple "invented" something new with the iPhone is like saying they invented white rectangles (in reality the Greek government probably deserves the settlement more than Apple lol). And the patents for the technology that Apple allegedly created (multi touch, scrolling, etc.) should have never been acquired in the first place. Such broad patents shouldn't be allowed...we've been interacting with screens and scrolling since the days of palm pilots, windows mobile, and even earlier than that..Apple helped in this stage of advancement but they shouldn't be entitled to thwart competitors abilities to succeed in the market or discourage newcomers. Huge anti-trust violations occurring and Apple fans are just laughing about it, it's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.