Concealed Requirements (?)

Can a minion play Concealed Weapon to equip with a weapon he or she
does not meet the requirements for? I'm fairly sure it's a "No".

Yet I checked the card text and it gives no mention of needing to
meet the requirements. I checked the rules, and they only restrict
playing the cards with requirements. I checked the errata (and also
tried searching the newsgroup) but still, I'm not sure what the
reason is.

What did I miss? ;)

--
Bye,

Daneel

Concealed weapon
Equip this minion with a non-unique weapon card from your hand at the
beginning of a round. Pay the weapon's equip cost, as normal. The
weapon cannot cost more than 2 pool or inflict (with a regular strike)
aggravated damage or more than 3 damage.

as you equip you should meet with the requirements for equipping as
written on the equipment

as an example of the contrary on alastor you place the equipment so you
don't need to verify restrictions

Alastor
"Political Card -- Worth 1 Vote. Called by any justicar or Inner Circle
member at +1 stealth.
Choose a ready Camarilla vampire. If this referendum is successful,
search your library for an equipment card and place this card and the
equipment on the chosen vampire. Pay half the cost (round down) of the
equipment. This vampire may enter combat with any vampire controlled by
another Methuselah as a +1 stealth (D) action. This vampire cannot
commit diablerie. A vampire may have only one Alastor."

Andrea

The answer is no.

See section 1.6.1 paragraph 3 of the online rulebook and section 6.1.3
of the online rulebook.

Normally when you equip (section 6.1.3) you take an action. To equip
you play the card. Thus you have to meet the requirements (section
1.6.1 paragraph 3).

Golden rule of cards say that whenever cards contradict the rules, the
card takes precedence. Concealed Weapon allows you to equip without
having to take the action.
All other steps of the equip must still be followed (for example
checking for requirements, paying for the equipment etc).

Archie
http://www.vekn.nu

Daniel Eriksson wrote:

> What weapons are you atlking about here?
> If we take "Sword of Judgement" as an example of a weapon with clan
> requirement (this is the only type i can think of)
> That weapon is unique and therefore can't be equped with "Concealed
Weapon".

> All weapons with clan requirements are unique as far as i know. Can
you give
> an example that goes beside what i described?
>
> Cheers!
> Daniel Eriksson
> Sweden

you are right but the question could be posed for disguised weapon (and
the answer is still no)
Andrea

On 17 Mar 2005 03:09:50 -0800, Archibald Zimonyi <arsi@aranzo.netg.se>
wrote:

> The answer is no.
>
> See section 1.6.1 paragraph 3 of the online rulebook and section 6.1.3
> of the online rulebook.
>
> Normally when you equip (section 6.1.3) you take an action. To equip
> you play the card. Thus you have to meet the requirements (section
> 1.6.1 paragraph 3).
>
> Golden rule of cards say that whenever cards contradict the rules, the
> card takes precedence. Concealed Weapon allows you to equip without
> having to take the action.
> All other steps of the equip must still be followed (for example
> checking for requirements, paying for the equipment etc).

Thanks, that must be it. I got confused by the fact that the rulebook
refers to an equip action (which is clearly not taken in this case).

--
Bye,

Daneel