Concentration and Hammers

Doodles

Exactly how does Concentration increase the damage of hammers for a
Hammerdin? If it does, the change doesn't appear on the character screen,
because I put a point in it (bringing it up to 8 pts, some of which were
from +skills items) and the damage didn't change. Does it depend on weapon
or something? Concentration is not listed as a synergy for Blessed Hammer,
but a number of sources have said that it increases the damage for hammers,
and I'd like to see how much of a difference it makes. In addition, at
level 51, I am beginning to max out a few of these synergies and am
wondering whether to start putting points in Concentration or Holy Shield.
Thanks.

Doodles

Thanks, everyone. Why didn't I notice it was an aura? Probably for the
same reason I didn't notice Holy Shield was NOT an aura when I first used
it. Heh.

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 14:54:09 +0000, doodles wrote:

> Exactly how does Concentration increase the damage of hammers for a
> Hammerdin? If it does, the change doesn't appear on the character screen,
> because I put a point in it (bringing it up to 8 pts, some of which were
> from +skills items) and the damage didn't change. Does it depend on
> weapon or something? Concentration is not listed as a synergy for Blessed
> Hammer, but a number of sources have said that it increases the damage for
> hammers, and I'd like to see how much of a difference it makes. In
> addition, at level 51, I am beginning to max out a few of these synergies
> and am wondering whether to start putting points in Concentration or Holy
> Shield. Thanks.

Concentration increase the damage when you use it as aura when casting
hammers.....

--
Sonni

"Sonni Skammelsen" <news@sonni.org> wrote in message
> On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 14:54:09 +0000, doodles wrote:
>
> > Exactly how does Concentration increase the damage of hammers for a
> > Hammerdin? If it does, the change doesn't appear on the character
screen,
> > because I put a point in it (bringing it up to 8 pts, some of which were
> > from +skills items) and the damage didn't change. Does it depend on
> > weapon or something? Concentration is not listed as a synergy for
Blessed
> > Hammer, but a number of sources have said that it increases the damage
for
> > hammers, and I'd like to see how much of a difference it makes. In
> > addition, at level 51, I am beginning to max out a few of these
synergies
> > and am wondering whether to start putting points in Concentration or
Holy
> > Shield. Thanks.
>
> Concentration increase the damage when you use it as aura when casting
> hammers.....
>
> --
> Sonni
Yup. Doesn't it add like 50% of the listed ED? or something like that.

short

Demo stats:
My hammerdin is level 86.
MAX Blessed hammer (boosted to 37 with items)
MAX Bless aim (boosted to 33 with items)
MAX Vigor (boosted to 36 with items)
MAX Concentration (boosted to 33 with items)
lvl-26 Holy sheild (boosted by items - unknown base)

Blessed hammer demo:
Blessed hammer damage (without Concentration) = 2798 - 2824
Blessed hammer damage (with Concentration) = 10k - 10k (10,000)

Holy sheild demo:
Defense (without Holy Sheild) = 2107
Defense (with Holy Sheild) = 10,851

Hope this helps you in planning your character a bit :)
- Trammazon

"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message

> "Sonni Skammelsen" <news@sonni.org> wrote in message
> > On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 14:54:09 +0000, doodles wrote:
> >
> > > Exactly how does Concentration increase the damage of hammers for a
> > > Hammerdin? If it does, the change doesn't appear on the character
> screen,
> > > because I put a point in it (bringing it up to 8 pts, some of which
were
> > > from +skills items) and the damage didn't change. Does it depend on
> > > weapon or something? Concentration is not listed as a synergy for
> Blessed
> > > Hammer, but a number of sources have said that it increases the damage
> for
> > > hammers, and I'd like to see how much of a difference it makes. In
> > > addition, at level 51, I am beginning to max out a few of these
> synergies
> > > and am wondering whether to start putting points in Concentration or
> Holy
> > > Shield. Thanks.
> >
> > Concentration increase the damage when you use it as aura when casting
> > hammers.....
> >
> > --
> > Sonni
> Yup. Doesn't it add like 50% of the listed ED? or something like that.
>

> short

News==----
Newsgroups
=----