Concern about my new PC.

jevlezky

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
Right, I built my gaming pc about three weeks ago and have left it sitting in my room since then. The day that I finished building it though, I turned it on to make sure that the fans, power supply, GPU, CPU fan, etc. turned on like that were suppose to. Thankfully they did, but now I have a concern about doing what I did. You see, I don't have a monitor yet that I can use with my pc. So my question is, did I possibly mess up something by turning it on then off, and then leave it sitting in room for this long without installing all the necessary software or checking the bios to make sure everything was running properly? I know that this might be a dumb question, but I am afraid that I might've taken a big risk that would be common for first time builders.

Solution
turning something on and off depends how long you left it on for before turning it off like you left it on for 20 seconds+

i mean the pc will boot to the hdd (which has no os?) within around 15 seconds
then you turned off
= no damage

as long as your mobo hasnt started beeping, (the bios detecting faulty/missing components) you should be ok

SoggyTissue

Estimable
Jun 27, 2017
turning something on and off depends how long you left it on for before turning it off like you left it on for 20 seconds+

i mean the pc will boot to the hdd (which has no os?) within around 15 seconds
then you turned off
= no damage

as long as your mobo hasnt started beeping, (the bios detecting faulty/missing components) you should be ok

Solution

jevlezky

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
The longest I left it running was for five minutes ( don't know if that was bad or anything ) and I didn't hear any beeping coming from the system itself. But if that's all I need to listen for, then that's a relief.