Concern about Ram frequency and Stability

Seabass101

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2016
Hi, I have a Asrock Taichi z370 motherboard with an H115i AIO watercooler and 16GB of Team Group Dark Pro DDR4 at 3200MHz and CL14. I was wondering why is the frequency bouncing from 1598MHz to 1600MHz when I view it on Corsair Link 4 software?

My ram is fixed voltage at 1.380v because anything lower will cause problems and auto makes it at a 1.350v which doesn't work in my case.

Should I try 1.390v to see if that makes the bouncing stop? I don't want to put the voltage to high as it is already at 1.380v that I have set it to.

Also, My Viccio and Vccsa are both at 1.150v

Any comments much appreciated

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
DDR4 ram stands for Dual Data Rate 4th generation. Cpu-z and Corsair link are reading the Data Rate, so it'll look like half of what the speed is.

1600 x 2 = 3200.

But not every board or ram is perfect, both mine read odd because the BCLK (thats the buss clock multiplier) isn't a perfect 100, it often reads as 99.98, which then affects the data rate of the ram, hdds, SSDs, USB, sata or anything else that transmits data on the front side buss.

I've not seen that error on my GW2, so my assumption would be its a glitch somewhere, possibly from the last update. Downloads are not always perfect. Or it could be a pagefile error. I'd check through windows event viewer and see if you can find anything related. It may not be listed as a critical error. Also check bootlogs, see if all the drivers are booting correctly and there's not one that's getting hung up.