Question Concerned about temps in new case + AIO cooler

Mlit

Commendable
Jan 27, 2021
I have just migrated my previous failed build from a meshlicious which I just could not get on with and with a faulty Lumen AIO into a larger Meshify 2 compact with the post recall fixed Lumen top mounted and set to exhaust air out of the case. Here I'm running OCCT and on the CPU Core Usage tab in Test I'm seeing my 12700KF''s P cores all hitting average temps of between 17 to 21 degrees on idle but all P cores with "Distance to TjMAX" hitting the low 70s to 80s. The AIO pump is running at roughly in the 4000s rpm while plugged into the AIO Pump header while all fans are around the 600s. Should I be concerned with any of this? Also the Lumen CPU block does not illuminate but I think I may need to daisy chain it to the fans since they are connected to the case's rgb controller.

Should I be concerned with my "new" build?

Lutfij

Titan
If those are the temps when only running OCCT while in real world usage scenarios the temps are far lower, then you shouldn't be worried. In fact, what sort of idle temps do you see? What are the temps when you're taxing the build with a game?

BIOS version for your motherboard? On second thoughts, please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

I think I may need to daisy chain it to the fans since they are connected to the case's rgb controller.
^ There are no RGB SKU's for that case.

Last edited:

Mlit

Commendable
Jan 27, 2021
I've only just gotten the system up the running. The TjMAX temps got me a little worried.

Should the Lumen radiator be running at a 4000 ish rpm? It's fans are hooked to the CPU Fan header. I will probably look to get some better aftermarket case fans later.

Anyhow

BIOS version: 0415 ( Will be updating soon)
CPU: 12700KF
Motherboard: B660 i Strix (from previous failed SFF build)
Ram: 32GB DDR5
SSD/HDD: WD Black S770 2TB
GPU: ASUS TUF RTX 3080
PSU: Corsair HXi750 (Will be upgrading to a 1000W+ model later)
Chassis: Fractal Meshify 2 Compact
Monitor: ASUS TUF VG1A27

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
'Distance to TjMax' is how far away from the thermal limit(100C for that cpu). If you were to lower the thermal limit, the distance value would change accordingly.

AIO Pump header
All watercooling related headers: basically the other headers with an out of box curve of a constant 100%, instead of an ascending curve.
You can change the curve if you wish, just like you could take the other headers and set them to a constant 100%.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
No need for software - can just do it all from bios.

I presume AIO Pump header was the correct header regardless for the pump?
Not at all.
AIO pumps are weak. Best to just max 'em out for optimal performance... but most aren't aware of it and would just plug it into a cpu or other system header.
So manufacturers did 'AIO cooling for dummies' to just plug into watercooling header.
Someone who already knows can just take any header and set it to 100%; both will do the same thing.

Mlit

Commendable
Jan 27, 2021
Will the bios have presets form what speeds it should ramp up to for specific workloads or do I need to enter the values?

Last edited: