[SOLVED] Concerned about tiny scratches on the back of the mobo

Rocky45

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2014
I was fitting my MSI X570 mobo but I didn't pay much attention to a crappy screw related to the case's SSD placement, so it looks like it made some superficial scratches on the back circuit.
I still need to wait for another month or 2 for the CPU to arrive due to the current lockdowns in my country, and I've seen much worse scratches so I was wondering whether it's a major concern?
Some pics to clarify the scratches:

oBoKZYL.jpg

Thanks for any help/info.

Solution
There are no traces, looks superficial to me. I don't have much knowledge about motherboard layers but I've read that they have a lot, maybe 8 or 10 so let's say if I damaged one small layer would it still run in that case?
Yes they do but your only concern is with traces on the surface. Even one cut trace could mean complete failure or sever crippling, there are no spare traces.
I was fitting my MSI X570 mobo but I didn't pay much attention to a crappy screw related to the case's SSD placement, so it looks like it made some superficial scratches on the back circuit.
I still need to wait for another month or 2 for the CPU to arrive due to the current lockdowns in my country, and I've seen much worse scratches so I was wondering whether it's a major concern?
Some pics to clarify the scratches:

oBoKZYL.jpg

Thanks for any help/info.
Look at it with a magnifying glass, if it didn't break any traces it will not be a problem

Rocky45

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2014
Look at it with a magnifying glass, if it didn't break any traces it will not be a problem
There are no traces, looks superficial to me. I don't have much knowledge about motherboard layers but I've read that they have a lot, maybe 8 or 10 so let's say if I damaged one small layer would it still run in that case?

Yes they do but your only concern is with traces on the surface. Even one cut trace could mean complete failure or sever crippling, there are no spare traces.

Reactions: Rocky45
Solution