[SOLVED] Concerning Gigabyte RTX 3080 10G Oc Temp

Jan 8, 2022
As the title said, i have a concern about my new rig. in idle the GPU temperature is 64 C, if i play games like overwatch it will easily go to 70 C, last time i played Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order the temperature hits 80 C but when i play RDR 2 it reach 90 C. All this game are in max setting @1080p. is this normal ? my full spec are as follows

i7 12700K
Gigabyte RTX 3080 10G Oc
MSI z690 Tomahawk Ddr 4
2x8GB RAM
2x aio intake fans in the front panel
2x intake fans on the top
1x Exhaust on the back

Fyi i use Digital Alliance case for my rig, a brand that i assume isn't familiar in the west. the case front panel is solid acrylic and it shape in such away that i have to put the lower fan of the aio behind the radiator or else it wont fit. is this the problem? will i have better thermal if i just switch the case to something like corsair 4000D airflow or lian li lancool 2 Mesh? Thank you in advance

Solution
maybe you have a better suggestion
the Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance X is a pretty nice case.
the only thing i don't like about is the lack of 140mm fan mounting options and that it's a bit short from front to back.

i do not like the design of the 4000D.
lack of front & bottom ventilation, a lot of plastic, also lack of 140mm mounting options, and Corsair in general has begun to make cheaper quality cases over the years.

the top case i've seen over the last couple years is the be quiet! Silent Base 802.
my current Fractal Design Vector RS is also very nice.
i would have better thermal performance
pulling more cool air in and pushing out more of the warmed air will give all components better temperatures but with...
GPU temperature is 64 C...will easily go to 70 C...temperature hits 80 C...it reach 90 C
definitely not "normal" if you have a case with good airflow and have good fans applying plenty of cool intake and warm exhaust and have an adequate GPU fan curve in place.
i have to put the lower fan of the aio behind the radiator
the CPU cooler wouldn't usually affect the GPU temperatures much unless it's heated air is blowing directly into the GPU.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Jan 8, 2022
definitely not "normal" if you have a case with good airflow and have good fans applying plenty of cool intake and warm exhaust and have an adequate GPU fan curve in place.

the CPU cooler wouldn't usually affect the GPU temperatures much unless it's heated air is blowing directly into the GPU.

can you give an advice on a good GPU fan curve and what is the normal temp for RTX 3080?

can you give an advice on a good GPU fan curve
i would start with 30% @ 30° / 60% @ 50° / 90% @ 70°C.
if that keeps it cool enough you could start lowering the 2nd & 3rd %'s slightly.
what is the normal temp for RTX 3080?
all depends on the card's shroud & fans and the system's airflow.

my RTX 3080 Ti idles ~35° & maxes in very intensive games right around 60°C.
most games it doesn't even make it up to 60°C.

Jan 8, 2022
i would start with 30% @ 30° / 60% @ 50° / 90% @ 70°C.
if that keeps it cool enough you could start lowering the 2nd & 3rd %'s slightly.

all depends on the card's shroud & fans and the system's airflow.

my RTX 3080 Ti idles ~35° & maxes in very intensive games right around 60°C.
most games it doesn't even make it up to 60°C.
Ok just to summarize it all, if i got a good airflow pc case such as corsair 4000D or Lian li Lancool 2 Mesh (or maybe you have a better suggestion), and adjust the pc curve and probably at more fans, i would have better thermal performance right? i forgot to mention that my room isn't air conditioned more often than not my room temp around 26-28 C

maybe you have a better suggestion
the only thing i don't like about is the lack of 140mm fan mounting options and that it's a bit short from front to back.

lack of front & bottom ventilation, a lot of plastic, also lack of 140mm mounting options, and Corsair in general has begun to make cheaper quality cases over the years.

the top case i've seen over the last couple years is the be quiet! Silent Base 802.
i would have better thermal performance
pulling more cool air in and pushing out more of the warmed air will give all components better temperatures but with a high ambient room temperature there's only so much it can do.
but you would definitely be better off.

Solution
Jan 8, 2022

pulling more cool air in and pushing out more of the warmed air will give all components better temperatures but with a high ambient room temperature there's only so much it can do.
but you would definitely be better off.
Sweet, so changing the case would still serve me better than this current one. Unfortunately the cases that you suggested isn't a common one here in my country if there's one available it's most likely out of my budget, regardless thank you for sharing your knowledge to me and for the solution that i need

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost
Jan 8, 2022
Today I'm finally able to change my case to a better air flow one and boy John was right, it fix the problem that i have the gpu is now 70C and lower when i play RDR2 before my pc reach 90C so thank you for this community especially john

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost