Question Concerns about new ID-Cooling AIO

Dec 10, 2020
Hi all, just wanted to make a post about some issues I was encountering with my new PC rig I put together about a week ago. It's been working beautifully after a whole lot of troubleshooting, updating the BIOS, working around several issues, etc., and my liquid cooling AIO was able to bring my idle (0-10% CPU utilization) temps around 36-39°C, and under load in GPU-intensive games at 65°C with a small margin of error.

A couple of days ago, I decided to move around some cables in my PC to cable manage a little bit; the power/argb connectors for the AIO fans were dangling a little bit, so I was lightly tugging on them a bit trying to get the right length that I wanted. I made sure the AIO header was securely connected, that the 4-pin PWR fan headers were secure, and routed my 3-pin aRGB header for my RGB hub through a hole in the top of my case, which involved disconnecting it temporarily. After doing all of these things (will recap below), my CPU temps on 0-10% usage skyrocket to 43°C-52°C, which is far from normal. Temperature change occurs rapidly, and opening up a tab in chrome or other applications can shoot it up from 43°C to 50°C quickly. Just as an experiment, I rapidly opened tabs on google chrome for about fifteen seconds, and it shot from around 43°C to 62°C. My temps have increased while gaming as well, sometimes hitting a good 74°C, which is far from normal for this AIO.

Specs:
  • Motherboad: Asus PRIME X570-P
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x @ stock
  • RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix RGB RAM (3600mhz CL16)
  • AIO: ID-Cooling Zoomflow 240X Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ventus 3x OC
  • PSU: Corsair RM750x White
  • Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh White
This is all that I messed with in my PC as I was improving cable management and other stuff:
  • Fiddled around with the AIO header to make sure it was fully connected. It was, and after pulling my computer apart a second time, I made sure there was a secure connection.
  • Disconnected and reconnected 3-pin aRGB temporarily, though I doubt this affected much.
  • On second time opening the case to troubleshoot, I made sure that the 4-pin fan PWR headers at top and bottom of mobo were securely connected.
  • Optimized fans in bios, and configuration remained the same.
  • AIO pump speed is stuck at 100%
Another thing to note is that while benchmarking my Ryzen 5 5600x w/ Cinebench R20, my temps remained around 61C and I got a significantly lower score of 3922 pts compared to other scores I'm finding online at 4562 pts. Could this somehow be a related issue?

I didn't touch much of anything at all while moving the cables around in my case, and power is running to all of my fans just fine. I suspect that it might be my AIO, but I'm unsure. Have any of you had similar problems, or are there troubleshooting steps I could take that would lead to a solution? Thanks!

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Has the ambient room been warmer than it was before?

Are the temps spiking up/down, just a bit higher? Might be more CPU utilization going on for 'this idle time' vs. 'the last idle time'.

Load temps of 61C are pretty solid - tells me the AIO is working fine. Are we just worried about idle temps? If the AIO was not working, you'd see extremely high temps during benchmarking, or even system shutdowns or at very least, CPU throttling. Current load temps also seem lower than previous load temps? Which is good, assuming I am following along correctly.