[SOLVED] Conductonaut vs Liquid Ultra for delid

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Hi folks,

I'm considering delidding my 6700K, and comparing Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra to Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut liquid metal pastes for between the die and IHS. I'm not necessarily asking which will provide the absolute best thermal performance, as from what I can find they should be within a few degrees of each other or less. This is more about ease of application (especially for someone who's never used liquid metal TIM before) and how well they hold up over time/how reliable they are. From what I can find the liquid ultra is preferred by some because it has a relatively long established track record for delidding compared to the conductonaut. I've seen some conflicting info on which one is easier to work with.

If anyone has any experience with either/both of these and could weigh in, I'd appreciate it!

Solution
I ended up going with the Liquid Ultra, just because it seems to have been around longer with more people reporting positive experiences with it.

My 6700K with 212 EVO with a mild OC of 4.4 GHz was previously reaching 86 C after 15 minutes of P95 v26.6 small FFTs, with the hottest core being 12 degrees hotter than the next warmest. Just finished delidding and now it's only hitting 66 C, and only ~5 degrees difference between cores. And that's with the CPU fan running much slower/quieter as well. Pretty happy about the results so far!

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
I ended up going with the Liquid Ultra, just because it seems to have been around longer with more people reporting positive experiences with it.

My 6700K with 212 EVO with a mild OC of 4.4 GHz was previously reaching 86 C after 15 minutes of P95 v26.6 small FFTs, with the hottest core being 12 degrees hotter than the next warmest. Just finished delidding and now it's only hitting 66 C, and only ~5 degrees difference between cores. And that's with the CPU fan running much slower/quieter as well. Pretty happy about the results so far!

Last edited:
Solution
Mar 17, 2019

That makes me really excited to try out my 7700k that was just delidded today by a friend.

Reactions: TJ Hooker