Config AHCI and RAID on UEFI BIOS

blancojignacio

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
Hi guys! Sorry to bother you!
I just bought a ryzen 5 with ASUS B350 Prime plus.
My problem here is in my last setup with an Asus Usb3 am3+ I had the settings in a way that sata 1-3 where in RAID mode and Sata 4-6 where on AHCI.
In my new motherboard it seems I can't do that.
Any help? Please.
Thank you in anticipation

Solution
Look up the drivers for that motherboard and look for something what they call the F6 RAID Driver. Unzip/extract it to a thumb drive. When you go to select a drive to install and it list nothing select load drive and load that driver.

When it is in RAID mode it WILL require the RAID drivers not the AHCI Drivers but any drive that is NOT in a RAID will run as a AHCI device but still use the RAID drivers.

blancojignacio

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
So... The cheapest and older motherboard was able to do that but not a new and more expensive one?
Right now I'm using the storage option of windows 10. Obviously it's not even close to raid 0.
Is there any way I can let the three of them in raid mode but only using the 2 hhd for that and the ssd for O.S.?
I mean I have already try setting it like that but windows won't recognize any of them...

Pick RAID. Once RAID is enabled you will go into the RAID bios to setup the RAID you what with your two drives and just leave the SSD alone in the RAID menu. Also in RAID mode the SATA controller enables both AHCI and RAID functions when the computer boots. It only uses RAID on what you setup AS RAID.

On your old motherboard it probably had multiple SATA Chipsets that could be set independently of each other. Since RAID mode also enabled AHCI for non RAID member hard drives there is no need for that anymore

blancojignacio

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017

Hey thanks for the fast answer and sorry for my delay.
I need to ask you something, do i have to set up the SSD as AHCI?
I mean, i have already try setting all drives to boot as RAID (RAID BIOS)
I started it, and created an array of the 2 HDD in RAID 0
The thing is, do i have to set the ssd as AHCI too?

Win10 wont recognize the raid in the installer...

Look up the drivers for that motherboard and look for something what they call the F6 RAID Driver. Unzip/extract it to a thumb drive. When you go to select a drive to install and it list nothing select load drive and load that driver.

When it is in RAID mode it WILL require the RAID drivers not the AHCI Drivers but any drive that is NOT in a RAID will run as a AHCI device but still use the RAID drivers.

Solution