Question Config i714700K / geforce 4070

Apr 7, 2024
Hello guys !

This is the second time I've done my own setup, I work a lot with 3D softwares so this is the build I came up with. This time I'd like to be able to upgrade the various components more easily.
Most of the budget (~1800-2000€) goes into the CPU and GPU, so I'm trying to get a good case and motherboard.

I was also wondering if it wasn't possible to gain in performance for the same budget by having an SLI motherboard to be able to plug in two 4060s rather than one 4070.

https://www.topachat.com/pages/configomatic/6c86d61d-dbb1-437c-8f5e-1c65189aa9a7

If you have any opinions or ideas on how to improve all this, don't hesitate :)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I would go for a dual channel DDR5-6000MHz or higher ram kit, higher capacity(32GB) would benefit you in the long run). You're missing a PSU in the build.

On secodn thoughts, please stylize your thread with info asked of in this thread;
if helps us in tailoring your build.

Please include where you're located, what your budget is and your preferred site for purchase. A PCPartPicker link does help alleviate a lot of sourcing/availability issues.

CPU that's easier to tame, a board with more SATA ports and better VRM's. If using a AIO then look at this case.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *Intel Core i7-14700 2.1 GHz 20-Core Processor (€429.99 @ Amazon France)
Motherboard: *MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard (€214.99 @ Amazon France)
Case: *Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case (€118.27 @ Amazon France)
Total: €763.25
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-04-08 00:45 CEST+0200

Sep 11, 2023
I would not consider SLI unless you're building a high end rig with water cooled GPUs. I've done both Crossfire with AMD and SLI with Nvidia. It's very difficult to keep the upper card from overheating because it's air intake is mere millimeters from the hot circuit board of the GPU underneath. For thermal management it's better to run a single powerful card.

TRENDING THREADS