kai funch

Honorable
May 8, 2012
Hello,
i havw 2 computer buth running under window 7
i have suscesfuly changed confil,nt
so that it accept files = 200
but excatly the same command is not acceptet on the second computer
when starting and msdos program that requires 39 files to be oppend at the same time
the answer is tha only 32 files can be opende at the same time ????

That sounds like you have an old DOS program or other 16 bit program. Those will not run under windows 7 64 bit, but will run under windows 7 32 bit.

Customizing autoexec.nt and config.nt

You can choose to further configure the MS-DOS and Windows 3.x environment by modifying Windows 7's equivalent of the old CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT files. These files are called config.nt and autoexec.nt and are used to configure each DOS VDM when it starts up. Just remember:

The files CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT in your hard drive's root folder are completely ignored by Windows 7. If they're there at all, it's only to fool really old applications that won't run unless they see that these files exist.
The files config.nt and autoexec.nt in windowssystem32 are used, but only when Windows needs to start up an MS-DOS or Windows 3.x application. Any change to these files will take effect the next time you start the application -- you don't need to restart Windows.

http://searchsystemschannel.techtarget.com/feature/Setting-Windows-7-environment-variables

kai funch

Honorable
May 8, 2012

to me there are only 1 thing to do and that is to bye a computer like windows xp and never yous windows 7 or higher