Configurating a routing table

fa7al1ty

Reputable
Mar 1, 2015
Greetings,
So I am using this software called Wireshark, and I'm at a point that I have to configurate the routing table of every router in the topology. I know what most of the things mean in the table, but I have hard time understanding the topology and how to fill out the table. So lets say I have for example this topology: LINK. How do I configure every router's IP Destination, Mask, IP next Gateway, Interface, Metrics. I just need some pointers, suggestions, or an example so I can get a hang of the whole process. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

This sound like homework, not normally what we give you help here but I will throw you two bits.

Your routers seems to be serially connected (typical for WAN), and each router has it own LAN, so from one router your will say:

In order to get to LAN1, gateway=serial IP of the router attached to LAN1.
In order to get to LAN2, gateway=serial IP of the router attached to LAN2.

fa7al1ty

Reputable
Mar 1, 2015
Yes, i know it looks like homework, but it really isnt. I'm not asking anyone to complete the whole topology or something like that. The pic I linked is just some random topology I found on the internet, just for example, it can be any other topology.

So if I want for example from router R1 to get to network 172.16.3.0/24 - its 1 hop with interface Fa0/0 or I am mistaken?