Daf

Distinguished
May 9, 2003
Hi!
I recent bought an Abit BH7 motherboard, together with a 512 MB DDR and a 2.0 GHz Celeron processor.
I'm a bit confusing about the big amount of posibles settings of memory speed, clock, multipliers, etc, of my motherboard, and I need some help to configure it in the better way (without overclock it).
The hardware works fine with the default settings, but I think it can work in a better way.
Can someone help me with this?

Thanks for all! Daniel.

Traqr

Distinguished
May 2, 2003
What are the default settings (FSB, memory timings, etc)? What brand, speed, and timing rating is your RAM? What do you consider to be overclocking?

Info, man! We need more info!

<font color=blue>Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself.</font color=blue><font color=green>
<i>Canadian Flight Safety periodical, ~1987</i></font color=green>

Daf

Distinguished
May 9, 2003
The motherboard default settings for this processor/memory are:
CPU Operating Speed: 2000 (100)
Ext. Clock (CPU/AGP/PCI): 100/66/33 MHz
Multiplier Factor: 20x
DRAM Ratio H/W Strap: by CPU
DRAM Ratio (CPU:DRAM): by SPD (1:1)

The memory is a DIMM from Micron, 333 MHz, and I have not info about timing.

I wanna use the computer for work, and ocassionally play games, but I don´t like to destroy any hardware component only by gain a bit percent of performance.
I think I can get more of this system, changing the default settings, but without compromise the hardware.

Thanks!

Traqr

Distinguished
May 2, 2003
DRAM Ratio (CPU/DRAM) : by SPD (1:1)
Is there an option for : Auto?
That might drop your precharge latencies because you're running your RAM at DDR200, if I read that correctly. Other than that, anything you try will require at least some manner of overclocking, remembering that overclocking simply means running some part of the system outside it's design specification.

<font color=blue>Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself.</font color=blue><font color=green>
<i>Canadian Flight Safety periodical, ~1987</i></font color=green>