Configure 300X Print Server

peter

How can I configure a HP 300X print server? Specifically I need to change
the IP address and possibly the gateway address.

I have a peer-peer LAN with all PCs running WinXP Pro. The last time I
configured a 300X (maybe 5 years ago) I was running Win98. The old HP
JetAdmin software I have for Win98 doesn't run in WinXP.

Is there some WinXP software that will do the trick or is there some other
way to access a 300X to change the settings?

Thanx.

Peter

--
**Remove Xs to reply by e-mail**

Peter,

HP has a newer Web Jet Admin on its web site. I'm fairly sure it is compatible
with XPee... Ben Myers

On Thu, 27 May 2004 23:58:01 -0400, Peter <XXpmpmpmXX@mindspring.com> wrote:

>How can I configure a HP 300X print server? Specifically I need to change
>the IP address and possibly the gateway address.
>
>I have a peer-peer LAN with all PCs running WinXP Pro. The last time I
>configured a 300X (maybe 5 years ago) I was running Win98. The old HP
>JetAdmin software I have for Win98 doesn't run in WinXP.
>
>Is there some WinXP software that will do the trick or is there some other
>way to access a 300X to change the settings?
>
>Thanx.
>
>Peter
>
>--
>**Remove Xs to reply by e-mail**

On Fri, 28 May 2004 13:04:13 GMT, Ben Myers
<ben_myers_spam_me_not@charter.net> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> HP has a newer Web Jet Admin on its web site. I'm fairly sure it is compatible
> with XPee... Ben Myers

They do have Web Jet Admin for XP. When the n610 or whatever JetDirect
card on our 2200DTN died, I connected it to an old JetDirect EX Plus.
And although that was already configured (via telnet), it has no web
interface or way to get page count to tell when toner may soon be out.
Web Jet Admin allows me to get a page count from it.

We also got a new x175, but that has a web interface, so I did not even
open the supplied CD. Doesn't the x300 have a web interface? You should
be able to find out its current settings with its test button if
connected to a printer. Then you could temporarily set a PC to an IP in
its network and reconfigure it with any web browser.

http://www.autox.chicago.il.us/ http://www.berniesfloral.net/