Question Configure airflow with an AIO?

ciprianburbulea

Reputable
Aug 23, 2018
Hello, so I have multiple quetions about this.

1. I have a silent loop 2 360mm and i want to put it either on top or in front, can i place the fans like inside the front panel so i can see the rgb on the fans and the radiator inside?
  2. If i put the aio on top all 3 would be drawing air from outside should i put the 3 fans in front to draw air from outside too or to draw from inside to otuside?
Basically I was thinking AIO on top drawing air normaly from outside the 3 in front in and the one at the back out is that good?

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: Case is bequite Silent base 802.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of the case?

1| If the question of push or pull is being asked, you should always go for push. In your case, if the screws are long enough and the case doesn't impede the installation of your AIO fans before the radiator set to intake, then go for it!

2| You can have the radiator mounted to chassis, then have the fans below the radiator and then have the fans push air through the radiator out through to the top of case, which is exhaust.

ciprianburbulea

Reputable
Aug 23, 2018

1| If the question of push or pull is being asked, you should always go for push. In your case, if the screws are long enough and the case doesn't impede the installation of your AIO fans before the radiator set to intake, then go for it!

2| You can have the radiator mounted to chassis, then have the fans below the radiator and then have the fans push air through the radiator out through to the top of case, which is exhaust.
I have edited the post is a bequite silent base 802

ciprianburbulea

Reputable
Aug 23, 2018

So at ur number 2 u are saying front in and throught he aio at the top exhaust?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Don't mistake fan placement for airflow direction. Airflow direction is whichever way the fan is facing, not whether it's on top or in front, in front of the rad or behind.

Look at a fan. It has the pretty side, all fan and rgb. It also has the ugly side which has the legs holding the motor hub, the wiring and commonly the statistics of the fan written on the hub.

Air goes in the pretty side, out the ugly side.

If you put the rad in the front of the case, with the fans outside, you want to be able to see the pretty side. Air goes in, gets pushed through the rad. If you put the fans behind the rad, so you see the ugly side, that's pull, air is pulled through the rad and into the fan and out the ugly.

Same applies to a rad mounted on top. But instead of being an intake, air going into the case, a top mounted rad should be set as exhaust, the pretty side pushing air through the rad and out of the case.

Some cases do slightly better with rad on top, some do slightly better with rad in front. Slower weaker fans do better as pull, faster and stronger fans do better as push. Rgb and looks can override performance.

It'll be upto ypu which works out better, which is more important as far as gpu and cpu temps, which look you prefer etc. The overall differences aren't much normally, but that can change with use, depending on how hard you push the cpu vs gpu, overclocking etc.

Reactions: CountMike