Configuring updates: 20%

OlivierSysEngineer

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
Dear Forum,

I've been stuck with this issue for over 2 months now.

Every single day I come to work, my PC seems to be stuck at 20% configuring updates-screen.
So before I go home, I always "Update and Restart/Shutdown" so my PC has time to update the whole evening, night and morning (over 16hours in total).
To no avail as it's always stuck at 20%.

There is no other way to force shutdown my PC and restart so I can continue to work.

3 other people in my office alone have the exact same problem.
Concerning update: Feature update to Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1607

Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
Dell i5-6500T CPU
8GB RAM
70GB's free HDD space left

Any fix for this?

Solution
Hello OlivierSysEngineer

You can try Booting Windows in Safe Mode and then Running the SFC /Scannow Command to see if any system files are corrupt.

If SFC cannot find any issues, you can Restore Windows to an Earlier Restore Point, i.e. before the update started. If even that doesn't help, you can try Resetting the PC to Factory Settings without removing your personal files.

If Windows can't boot in safe mode, Starting It in Command Prompt and then running the SFC /SCANNOW command as mentioned above might help.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)
Hello OlivierSysEngineer

You can try Booting Windows in Safe Mode and then Running the SFC /Scannow Command to see if any system files are corrupt.

If SFC cannot find any issues, you can Restore Windows to an Earlier Restore Point, i.e. before the update started. If even that doesn't help, you can try Resetting the PC to Factory Settings without removing your personal files.

If Windows can't boot in safe mode, Starting It in Command Prompt and then running the SFC /SCANNOW command as mentioned above might help.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

Solution