Confirmed: The Elder Scrolls Online Arrives in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

thety6on

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
[citation][nom]directxtreme[/nom]So will this game actually be bug-free?[/citation]

It was made by Bethesda, so expect the initial release to be bugged.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
oblivion was only tollarable with mods, skyrim was better, but mods ad so much to the game... so much that should have been there from day 1.

online... oh hell no
tell me... does this mean no expansive content for skyrim? less life span in house?
and will there be another single player elder scrolls... because honestly... i dont want to play this game online or with friends.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Hopefully this will coincide with the next gen consoles so we won't see too much of a graphics hit. Not sure I would want to take a step or two backwards after spending so many hours within Skyrim.

My main concern is what the missions end up like. If they end up like Skyrim after you kill Alduin then it's gonna be rather easy, menial and mundane. However, if they can keep the core content lively then I can see the franchise going far...

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Noooo, I don't want to play with other people, stop trying to make me play my favorite games with other people! I didn't buy TOR, I'm not going to buy this, even though there probably won't be any more single player Elder Scrolls.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]does this mean no expansive content for skyrim? less life span in house? and will there be another single player elder scrolls... because honestly... i dont want to play this game online or with friends.[/citation]
If ESO comes out in 2013 there's been a different group designing it, then the Devs working on skyrim. You can't make a MMO in a year.

No one is forcing you to play this game. Don't want a ES MMO, dont play it.

leongrado

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
But why? I don't understand why they would ever do this. They've made plenty of money off of Skyrim. Their immersive single player experience has always been successful. Is it because of the money? Is it really worth risking their reputation?

siuol11

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Oh cool, boring-ass radiant quests and game bugs in a large online universe, probably on an engine that was looking dated in 2006. I CANNOT WAIT.

siuol11

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Update: this game is being built on the Hero engine. It makes the Gambryo engine look positively futuristic. Watch and weep: http://www.heroengine.com/2012/04/heroengine-highlight-reel/
I weep for the future of PC gaming.

RealityClash

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
As long as they carry on making amazing single player games I'll be happy.
I know it's to be expected from an MMORPG but from the screenshots I've seen of this game, I just can't see how this is going to capture the essence of the Elder Scrolls series.Will be interesting to see how Skyrim/ Cyrodiil etc compare to the other games... :/

http://xbigygames.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-screenshots-and-details/

inthere

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
They have no clue about class balance, and casters are horrifically underpowered to the point of being irrelevent. They also won't be able to count on the modders saving their asses.

schnitter

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Will you be able to craft Draeic Armor at level 13 and 1 shot everything on that game aswell? Got bored of Skyrim as soon as I had Full Draeic. Too easy of a game.

thezooloomaster

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
Just to remind people, WoW went through an extensive period of testing before release (limited to NA from Nov. 2004 to Feb. 2005). They had 7 months of official closed beta testing, and a long period before that of alpha (the source code had been leaked).
Let's see how much shorter Bethesda will run their beta.

dreadlokz

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
OMMMMMMG! 2012 must rly be the end of the world!
I'm waiting for this since I my first play in Oblivion, dreaming about if it was online, me in the city, killing everyone even the guards!!!!
I just hope they don't rush it, and don't give us crap stuff from other mmos like Cash, auto-target, teleport, protection zones, and all that kind of sh/t that just ruin hard core games and make them all look like WoW!
Good I have time to build my new gaming rig, and I'm not all that impressed with any others MMOs right now, maybe Blade&Sould or TERA, everything else is crap! GW2 is a huge fail! Can't wait to test the beta of ES Online =D TYVM Bethesda!!!

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]schnitter[/nom]Will you be able to craft Draeic Armor at level 13 and 1 shot everything on that game aswell? Got bored of Skyrim as soon as I had Full Draeic. Too easy of a game.[/citation]
If all you did was farm ore and google where to find daedric hearts so you could make daedric armor at level 13, it's your own fault. I was out questing at level 13, enjoying the story. It took me nearly 100 hours of play to find enough daedric hearts for all the armor and 1 weapon.
How did you farm all the mats AND level smithing to 90 and only get to level 13? You gain levels from killing stuff, gain levels from raising smithing and gain levels from getting daedric hearts that are usually deep inside large dungeons. Sounds like you cheated. Cheaters always get bored of the game quickly.

I'm not too intersted in an MMO of this game, but I would have loved coop play in which 1 person could join and take over control of my companion... then I could have spent those 100 hours with the wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.