Question Conflict between Graphics card and NVMe drive on Maximus XI hero Z390?

benjamin4077

Honorable
Aug 24, 2016
Just built a gaming PC with this config-
Processor - i9 9900k
Motherboard - Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390
RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z RGB Series DDR4 (8GB X 4pcs, 3200Mhz) Total 32GB
CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X62
SSD M.2 - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB
Graphics card - MSI GTX1080 Gaming X - Twin Frozr VI
Power supply - CORSAIR RMX RM1000X 1000W
Cabinet - Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Chassis
OS - Windows 10 Pro 64bit

I have connected the NVMe drive in M.2_1 socket (near the cpu). I have put graphics card in first PCIeX16_1 slot on the Maximus Hero Z390. Installed Windows 10 Pro on the NVMe. When I boot off the NVMe, my motherboard automatically reverts back to on-board GPU; no matter how many times I manually set it to PCIe or Auto in BIOS. There is no display if I connect the monitor to the discreet card. I have to use on-board graphics. I have installed Win10 Pro on the NVMe.

However, I have my old "Win10 Home" installation on a Kingston SSD. When I tried booting off this old SSD, the problem vanished. Now I can set the BIOS to use the discreet graphics card and Windows boots ok and I get display from the discreet card. The NVMe is still connected and accessible in this scenario.

So I am suspecting that there is some conflict between the graphics card slot and the NVMe. Can someone please help me about this?

Also, my broadband connection is not recognized when booting Windows 10 Pro from the NVMe drive. But ot works well and internet is available when I boot Windows 10 Home from the old Kingston SSD SATA drive. What could be the reason for this? Please help.