Conflicting Air Flow?

Arcangel VII

Honorable
Jun 30, 2013
Ok so I pretty much got everything about making my own PC but just as I think I'm out of the woods there's something else left to learn, and that is air flow. In the link I show where the air come in and where it is exhausted. Of course each arrow represents a fan (both existant and future ones to come), Blue- intake Red- exhaust. For this I have a few questions for now, maybe more later.

Q1: The bottom intake fan is what's been bothering me. I feel like as it take in air it will block the air flow coming in from the right 2 fans to cool off me PSU. Will it block air flow to the PSU?

Q2: As you can see I also put on where my Heat sync will go which will include a 120mm fan attached. I honestly don't know which side the fan should be facing. Which way should I face the fan so that I can maintain a good cool airflow?

Link to my diagram: http://imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img708/8058/xwul.jpg&sa=0

always guys thanks in advance. This website is so full of knowledgeable people with really good insight and hasty replies.

Solution

Okay... you should be fine. The concept of conflicting airflow (although a real thing), is not really one of the main topics to worry about for most peoples' builds. As long as you've got hot air leaving the case somewhere and cold air entering the case in a similar amount of places, you should be fine.

Arcangel VII

Honorable
Jun 30, 2013

Yea it's an XFX 650W PSU, it has a 135mm fan inside at the top.

dannyboy2233

Honorable
May 24, 2013

Do you know if it's exhaust or intake?

Arcangel VII

Honorable
Jun 30, 2013

I'm pretty sure it's an intake.

dannyboy2233

Honorable
May 24, 2013

Okay... you should be fine. The concept of conflicting airflow (although a real thing), is not really one of the main topics to worry about for most peoples' builds. As long as you've got hot air leaving the case somewhere and cold air entering the case in a similar amount of places, you should be fine.

Solution

Arcangel VII

Honorable
Jun 30, 2013

Ok thanks, I just reado about all these people losing the video cards early and I'm guessing it was because of overclocking and poor cooling. Thanks again

dannyboy2233

Honorable
May 24, 2013

The actual coolers on the card are what affects that, not the airflow in your case. Case airflow helps cool things like HDD, SSD, motherboard, etc. Things that don't have their own coolers.