Question Confuse about the TV Antenna Cable (male to male or empty?)

Jun 18, 2019
Hi guys. I want to ask something here, lately my TV is showing a bad sign of antenna, I wonder if my antenna is damaged. But if antenna damaged, my TV won't be showing any picture at all right? So what's the problem causing my TV's picture causing sometimes laggy / green colour comes in / or any weird thingys during showing the picture?

And I check the antenna cable, and found out that mine is

My antenna wire - View: https://imgur.com/a/gcp6vO4

Seoncd Pic - View: https://imgur.com/a/g9PBI7b

I thought my antenna is male to male, but it turns out it is male to empty blank? Is this the reason why my TV's picture sometimes blurry + random colours appear when raining?

Do I have to change male to male instead of this male to empty? I don't know how or why this happened!

Sorry for any bad english grammar. I'm not US citizen. Asia Malaysia here.

Looks like WIFI SMA connectors. Look normal to me. So it was working and u suspect somebody messed with it? U can attempt to clean and see what happens.

If color changes you must still be on analog broadcast, 'cuz with digital, if bad signal, massive pixelation appears and the screen simply goes black.

Jun 18, 2019
I'm using the digital converter box, but yeah you're right if massive pixelation appears it just froze the whole screen (which is simply goes black as you said). But I feel weird why things like this happened? Is it because of my antenna wire cable? As I want to tell you this, whenever I accidentally or purposely moved the Antenna wire cable, it does affect the TV screen pixel pictures too. If I place it downwards, it just didn't connect at all, and if I place it upwards, and it will connect. But sometimes when raining / windy day, it effected the picture awhile, (sometimes massive pixelation, sometimes not so massive, and sometimes nothing happened). I'm just curious why this happened, is this because of my wire cable problems? And what's my antenna wire cable called? Isn't it called male to female antenna cable? I'm pretty confuse over this things! I don't even know what my antenna wire is called, it's old. The cable is 20 years old I think

Ya, if weather affects it, most likely the cable that goes outside.

Is rare but TV cables can break, then must replace, but most likely are connectors that have become loose, like I said, CLEAN THEM, and re-connect. Use some kind of small wire brush. If corrosion is evident, u may have to replace connectors and/or cables.

Everybody ask for an explanation, but look man, I explain, you won't understand 80% of what am talking anyway, save it until you are ready for electronics school. I just gave you a solution, can you do something about it or not? then u may have to call somebody.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS