Confused about best configuration for Corsair H100i in HAF932 Advanced?

mnaqvi1

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
So all my parts are in for my first build. Been reading on up on recommended cooling schemes. The manufacturers recommendations is one way and forums say to ignore that and do this. Is there any consensus on the best fan set up?

Parts:
COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced
Intel i7-3770k
MSI N770 Lightning GeForce GTX 770 2GB
ASrock Z77 Extreme 4
CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Water Cooler
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600
CORSAIR HX850 850W PSU
Western Digital WD Black 1TB

slomo4sho

Distinguished
Since this case only enables mounting of the radiator on the top, configure all the other fans to intake (you will need to reverse the back exhaust fan) the air and configure the H100 in either a push or push/pull configuration.

mnaqvi1

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013

I know this might be dumb question but push configuration is when I have the radiator mounted to the top of the case and fans underneath pushing the hot air from the CPU through the radiator and out of the case? Also if I do a push/pull, I would need to buy two more 120mm fans, is it essential I get the static pressurized fans or just any case fan will do?

slomo4sho

Distinguished
Push means the the air is pushed by the fans through the radiator as you have described above. By creating positive pressure in the case by setting all the fans to input, the need for static pressure fans is alleviated and you will need 2 more fans if you do decide to go push/pull.

Chuck Campbell

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013

To me, it seems it would make more sense to pull air across the radiator from outside the case? Wouldn't that air be cooler instead of blowing hot air from inside the case across the radiator?