[SOLVED] Confused about getting a new monitor

MarkAchilles

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
So Im thinking of buying a second for my computer, As of right now I have a 60hz with 1920x1080 rez by hp with a dvi port. I want to buy a 120hz with 1920x1080 for better frames because I personally play games and would like to run them with better frames. Right now however I have a msi 1050ti with a dvi port and thats what my monitor is connected too but I was wondering if I can still plug in a second monitor to my motherboard which is a z390 pro4 because it has both a dvi and vga, but will those still be activated because I have a monitor already? Also I would like to get the new monitor as a dvi so I can just plug that one into the graphics card dvi and the old 60hz into the motherboard. Will this work?

Solution
Hm...

For the second monitor you'd want to plug it directly to the graphics card. Plugging it to the motherboard (if you've set things up correctly, and assuming your motherboard has the option) will not give you the graphics card power. This is also true if you want to use your current display plugged into the motherboard outputs.
Hm...

For the second monitor you'd want to plug it directly to the graphics card. Plugging it to the motherboard (if you've set things up correctly, and assuming your motherboard has the option) will not give you the graphics card power. This is also true if you want to use your current display plugged into the motherboard outputs.

Solution
It's just easier to use the graphics card as output for both.

And as mentioned, whether you can get output from the motherboard will depend on whether the motherboard allows for that use case. As I understand it not all motherboards do, and this assumes the CPU you have has integrated graphics.

TRENDING THREADS