Confused about "movie capture" Premiere vs. DV Tools

TJ

I'm puzzled about the video capture in regards to premiere and DV
Tools by pinnacle
Why would one use "capture movie" option in Premiere to capture from a
tape as opposed to
using DV tools?
What are the advantages to use Premiere to capture if any?
One can simply capture using DV Tools and then open the clip in
Premiere for editing
As i understand Premiere is for editing.

With the above logic why does it matter that the capture card works
with premiere?
As long as the capture card does what it's design to do "capture
audio/video"

May be I'm missing something..

in the Mac world .... only IEEE connection is used to capture with
minimum hardware
and then Final Cut pro ..for example.. is used to edit..

May be I'm missing something..

some one please explain

thanks.

What is your OS? What is your hardware platform?
Yours,
Tom
"TJ" <photonet01@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm puzzled about the video capture in regards to premiere and DV
> Tools by pinnacle
> Why would one use "capture movie" option in Premiere to capture from a
> tape as opposed to
> using DV tools?
> What are the advantages to use Premiere to capture if any?
> One can simply capture using DV Tools and then open the clip in
> Premiere for editing
> As i understand Premiere is for editing.
>
> With the above logic why does it matter that the capture card works
> with premiere?
> As long as the capture card does what it's design to do "capture
> audio/video"
>
> May be I'm missing something..
>
> in the Mac world .... only IEEE connection is used to capture with
> minimum hardware
> and then Final Cut pro ..for example.. is used to edit..
>
> May be I'm missing something..
>
> some one please explain
>
> thanks.

TJ

"Tom Ellliott" <1stroke@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:<lk2fc.39578$oj6.23892@bignews6.bellsouth.net>...
> What is your OS? What is your hardware platform?
> Yours,
> Tom
> "TJ" <photonet01@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I'm puzzled about the video capture in regards to premiere and DV
> > Tools by pinnacle
> > Why would one use "capture movie" option in Premiere to capture from a
> > tape as opposed to
> > using DV tools?
> > What are the advantages to use Premiere to capture if any?
> > One can simply capture using DV Tools and then open the clip in
> > Premiere for editing
> > As i understand Premiere is for editing.
> >
> > With the above logic why does it matter that the capture card works
> > with premiere?
> > As long as the capture card does what it's design to do "capture
> > audio/video"
> >
> > May be I'm missing something..
> >
> > in the Mac world .... only IEEE connection is used to capture with
> > minimum hardware
> > and then Final Cut pro ..for example.. is used to edit..
> >
> > May be I'm missing something..
> >
> > some one please explain
> >
> > thanks.

this is what i have

windows xp pro
asus p4p800 deluxe mainboard
1gb mushnik RAM
160gb WD hard drive
pinnacle pro-one RTDV
nvidia geforce 4 Ti 4200 128MB
soundblaster live
sony TRV38(miniDV) and sony tr700 (hi-8)

by the way .. one more question... how do you completely
remove drivers/applications for pro-one before installing the upgrade 2.01 drivers
i do not see anything install in the add/remove program for any of the
installed application for pro-one (hollywood FX/ DV tools etc...)

thanks.

TJ

photonet01@yahoo.com (TJ) wrote in message news:<fbe610ff.0404141202.4d8d8411@posting.google.com>...
> "Tom Ellliott" <1stroke@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:<lk2fc.39578$oj6.23892@bignews6.bellsouth.net>...
> > What is your OS? What is your hardware platform?
> > Yours,
> > Tom
> > "TJ" <photonet01@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > I'm puzzled about the video capture in regards to premiere and DV
> > > Tools by pinnacle
> > > Why would one use "capture movie" option in Premiere to capture from a
> > > tape as opposed to
> > > using DV tools?
> > > What are the advantages to use Premiere to capture if any?
> > > One can simply capture using DV Tools and then open the clip in
> > > Premiere for editing
> > > As i understand Premiere is for editing.
> > >
> > > With the above logic why does it matter that the capture card works
> > > with premiere?
> > > As long as the capture card does what it's design to do "capture
> > > audio/video"
> > >
> > > May be I'm missing something..
> > >
> > > in the Mac world .... only IEEE connection is used to capture with
> > > minimum hardware
> > > and then Final Cut pro ..for example.. is used to edit..
> > >
> > > May be I'm missing something..
> > >
> > > some one please explain
> > >
> > > thanks.
>
> this is what i have
>
> windows xp pro
> asus p4p800 deluxe mainboard
> 1gb mushnik RAM
> 160gb WD hard drive
> pinnacle pro-one RTDV
> nvidia geforce 4 Ti 4200 128MB
> soundblaster live
> sony TRV38(miniDV) and sony tr700 (hi-8)
>
> by the way .. one more question... how do you completely
> remove drivers/applications for pro-one before installing the upgrade 2.01 drivers
> i do not see anything install in the add/remove program for any of the
> installed application for pro-one (hollywood FX/ DV tools etc...)
>
> thanks.

Any one?