confused about phanteks evolv ATX

lilayzee

Prominent
Oct 4, 2017
Hello,
I've decided to build my first gaming PC and I've done a ton of reading online and especially from this site which has been extremely helpful. I've picked out all my components besides my case. https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/KM4hbj is my PC so far. I will be doing a custom loop for the cooling of the PC and I haven't picked out those parts yet because still deciding on what case to go with.

I'm super keen on the panteks evolv atx as I love the styling and it's praised by a lot of the reviewers on different sites and on youtube. But every now and then I come across someone who says the case has horroble airflow because of the front design and that they have to open the side window or have the top off whilst their gaming for their temperatures to drop. Is this a general consensus with the case or does the case have good airflow. This point is just making me worried on grabbing this case. Any advice and clarification would be appreciated. Thanks!

jensrobot

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014
Hi
I build a gaming rig about a year ago with this case, and i can 100% vouch for it. Best case i ever owned. It's such a joy to open up and work with, very easy access to all components.
It's a Asus Z170-deluxe mobo, with a i7-6700k cpu and a beQuiet fan.
I'm not an airflow expert, but i can tell you that with my asus fan control software installed, it adjust for cpu usage, and i cant almost not hear the fan at all. My gtx 1080 even stops the fan completely when not doing games. I can't remember the temp, but i remember messing with some overclocking when i bought it, and temperatures were very stable even when pushing it far.
An airflow expert could tell you alot more. I evaluated it as being completely safe, even with overclocking, so i don't bother checking anymore

Be aware of 2 things.
1 if you plan on having many 3.5" drives, in a raid setup for example. You have to buy additional bays for them. It only ships with 3, but have room for 6 total. You'll probably be fine without, because there is an additional 2 slots in the bottom as well. BUT consider that these might not be produced when you might need them in the future. I bought a couple just to be sure.
2. If you want LED bling, get the tempered glass version (PH-ES515ETG). I supports "Asus Aura Sync" which your chosen motherboard also supports.
If this is your thing i have Phanteks LED (http://www.phanteks.com/PH-LEDKT.html) strip i bought by mistake, if you pay shipping you can have it for free :) (its pretty cheap tho)

lilayzee

Prominent
Oct 4, 2017

Thanks a lot for your opinion. I really appreciate you writing your response. I have decided not to go with the phanteks evolv atx after reading to many hit and miss reviews on it. Thanks for the offer for the LEDs but I wont be needing it.