[SOLVED] Confused about removing programs in Windows 10

Sep 6, 2020
I just got my first serious Windows 10 PC - a Thinkstation P520 for doing video editing. My previous systems were all Windows 7 or Linux.

I noticed in the Start menu > Programs and Features it only lists a handful of programs mostly related to hardware that came with my PC - stuff by Intel, Realtek and NVidia. But when I go to the Start menu I see lots of (bloatware?) programs like "Maps", "Camera" "Calculator" "Store", etc that I have no need for. If these aren't programs, what are they? Why don't I see them in Programs and Features? How do I uninstall them (short of running some sort of script or editing the Registry - this isn't 1985)?
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: sofia-sathio-30
Solution
Go to, "Apps and Features". Click on any of the apps listed, which will give you the option to uninstall. Also click on "Optional Features" where there is a similar list with options to uninstall. You can also right click on apps on the start menu where many will give you an option to uninstall.
Sep 6, 2020
I don't see anything called Add Remove Programs (Windows 10 1909). There's an Apps feature under the gear icon but the Uninstall button there is grayed-out for most of the apps in question.

Go to, "Apps and Features". Click on any of the apps listed, which will give you the option to uninstall. Also click on "Optional Features" where there is a similar list with options to uninstall. You can also right click on apps on the start menu where many will give you an option to uninstall.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS