[SOLVED] confused about screws

mlettema

Commendable
May 18, 2020
I want to mount my monitor to a monitor arm, but for that I need to use a vesa adapter thing. I have found the adapter but to mount it to my monitor I need 4 screws, but I don't know what screws to use. I have looked on authorized samsung part distrubotors websites, but there I couldnt find out what screw to use. Also in the manual there was no information to find except for that I have to use the screws that I apparently removed from the stand. I followed the instructions on how to remove the stand but I never had to remove screws, so that is where my confusion came from. I bought the monitor from someone else so I don't have any items that I am supposed to have that came with the monitor.

My monitor: Samsung c27hg70
Here is the link to the part I need to mount it to an arm: http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-BN96-42913A.aspx

Solution
I want to mount my monitor to a monitor arm, but for that I need to use a vesa adapter thing. I have found the adapter but to mount it to my monitor I need 4 screws, but I don't know what screws to use. I have looked on authorized samsung part distrubotors websites, but there I couldnt find out what screw to use. Also in the manual there was no information to find except for that I have to use the screws that I apparently removed from the stand. I followed the instructions on how to remove the stand but I never had to remove screws, so that is where my confusion came from. I bought the monitor from someone else so I don't have any items that I am supposed to have that came with the monitor.

Here is the...

kanewolf

Titan

Here is the link to the part I need to mount it to an arm: http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-BN96-42913A.aspx
That monitor has an odd attachment to the stand. The adapter piece you linked to has 4 holes. Those 4 holes around the perimeter are what mounts to the monitor arm. I would recommend buying the adapter, then when it arrives, take it to a hardware store and test fit screws. It is probably a 10-32 or an M5 screw. Could be an M6.

Solution