[SOLVED] Confused about this CPU and Memory setup...

Sep 14, 2019
Hello guys, I am about upgrade my pc, specifically CPU, GPU, RAM, and motherboard. A friend suggested that Intel i7 4790K, 16 GB DDR4, and GTX 1060 6GB is a great option.

Now the thing is, i just checked the cpu specs and it only supports DDR3 1333/1600 mhz ram. I have seen people use better mhz ram on this cpu and because its a K series cpu, theres an option in BIOS that allows for higher mhz ram to be used.

First, kindly explain to me if this is possible and if the 4790K supports DDR4 or not.

Now here's what i want. I want a cpu either equivalent to the i7 4790K or better that supports DDR4 ram with more than 1600 mhz.

So please help me out. Tell me a CPU, GPU , and motherboard that will accomplish this.
Keep in mind that ill be buying all these items used, not new. If its relevant in any way.

Thank you very much.

Sep 14, 2019
No, its not. The i7 4790k is older and supports ddr3 only.

I would look for a modern platform. Both the 1060 and i7 4790k are no longer in production
+
Thank you this helps. Is there like a way to know where the DDR4 support starts? Like a list or something that explains which cpus are ddr3 and which ones are ddr4?
I found one for Mobile CPUs but not desktop.