Confused about this

elizabethflippo11

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017
I’m might be getting a xfx r7 360 for Christmas and for a cpu an amd FX 8300 I was wondering how would I install the drivers if I can’t get to windows please help me

Solution
Your system will boot. I actually boot to safe mode with networking, which runs the monitor as a default VGA device at some ridiculously low resolution. used to be 480 x 640, but 10 may have improved that.

Then you download and install the drivers, if they didn't come on a disc with the card.

elizabethflippo11

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017
I have win 10 installed it isn’t a totally new pc the psi and hard drive are old I’m just wondering how would I get the drivers on my computer for the card to actually give the display back to me to be able to install the new drivers since AM3 doesn’t have any inter-grated graphics

Your system will boot. I actually boot to safe mode with networking, which runs the monitor as a default VGA device at some ridiculously low resolution. used to be 480 x 640, but 10 may have improved that.

Then you download and install the drivers, if they didn't come on a disc with the card.

Solution
This is getting interesting - all the directions I see for booting into safe mode require that you boot into full windows first. For example, https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2304-boot-into-safe-mode-windows-10-a.html
What happens when you boot your computer? If it has no video drivers installed at all, it should be able to boot with the monitor at a low resolution.

OH WAIT - RESET. You might be getting these for Christmas. So my answer is: Install Windows normally. You will be able to boot into Windows, but your monitor will run at a low resolution (Windows has to be able to run without the specific display drivers or it couldn't be installed). Download and install the drivers for your monitor and anything else that needs them.

I was answering under the false assumption that you had hardware, did the install, and couldn't boot into Windows.

elizabethflippo11

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I’m getting it for Christmas I “accidentally” snooped me being 14 so I know I got the case and GPU but I think it changed I’m accually using a msi 1050 I also snooped My moms closet and realized I got. A PS4 uuugh any way I’m using the old hard drive from my original build with some and a4 cpu but it has win 10 on it already