[SOLVED] Confused building PC

Feb 14, 2019
Hi guys, so ive started building pc yesterday. So first i attached the CPU and the stock cooler that came with it and connected the pin to cpu fan. And the RAM attached too without problem. Then put that in my pc case and saw there were some ready 4 cables bound and 2 case fan cables that came with case. Im really confused which cable has to be in which slot. Is there any very detailed video? Im having hard time reading manual since my english is not that well. Thanks!

Solution
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZaFqY8UF6I

Some of this video may not completely apply to the PC you are building. But this is a great general instructional video on how to build a PC. Case fans can be installed on any one of your available case fan headers. Those headers are usually called CHA_FAN1 or CHA_FAN2 etc. You will also have preinstalled cables for what is called your front panel. these cables will be for USB (2.0 and 3.0), headphone jack which will say HD AUDIO on the connector, and your little wires which will be for your power switch, power LED, reset switch, etc. if the pins on your motherboard are not labelled which one is which, consider reading the motherboard owners manual...

CPTBEEMO

Prominent
Feb 20, 2019

Some of this video may not completely apply to the PC you are building. But this is a great general instructional video on how to build a PC. Case fans can be installed on any one of your available case fan headers. Those headers are usually called CHA_FAN1 or CHA_FAN2 etc. You will also have preinstalled cables for what is called your front panel. these cables will be for USB (2.0 and 3.0), headphone jack which will say HD AUDIO on the connector, and your little wires which will be for your power switch, power LED, reset switch, etc. if the pins on your motherboard are not labelled which one is which, consider reading the motherboard owners manual. This manual will also help you very much with finding all the headers on the motherboard that you will need to complete your install.

Best of luck, and be safe.

Electricity runs on smoke. NEVER LET THE SMOKE OUT.

Reactions: Ems1661
Solution
Feb 14, 2019

Some of this video may not completely apply to the PC you are building. But this is a great general instructional video on how to build a PC. Case fans can be installed on any one of your available case fan headers. Those headers are usually called CHA_FAN1 or CHA_FAN2 etc. You will also have preinstalled cables for what is called your front panel. these cables will be for USB (2.0 and 3.0), headphone jack which will say HD AUDIO on the connector, and your little wires which will be for your power switch, power LED, reset switch, etc. if the pins on your motherboard are not labelled which one is which, consider reading the motherboard owners manual. This manual will also help you very much with finding all the headers on the motherboard that you will need to complete your install.

Best of luck, and be safe.

Electricity runs on smoke. NEVER LET THE SMOKE OUT.
Awesome! Ill definitely watch the video thanks for the awesome help!

Hi guys, so ive started building pc yesterday. So first i attached the CPU and the stock cooler that came with it and connected the pin to cpu fan. And the RAM attached too without problem. Then put that in my pc case and saw there were some ready 4 cables bound and 2 case fan cables that came with case. Im really confused which cable has to be in which slot. Is there any very detailed video? Im having hard time reading manual since my english is not that well. Thanks!

The case connections to the motherboard are specific to the case and motherboard model. You will need to go through the manual and see which cable goes to what on the motherboard. Fan cables are pretty easy, there will be fan power pins on the motherboard. You will have power/reset/light/USB port connections to the case and the fans.

Hopefully you used the standoffs for the motherboard before attaching it to the case.

Feb 14, 2019
The case connections to the motherboard are specific to the case and motherboard model. You will need to go through the manual and see which cable goes to what on the motherboard. Fan cables are pretty easy, there will be fan power pins on the motherboard. You will have power/reset/light/USB port connections to the case and the fans.

Hopefully you used the standoffs for the motherboard before attaching it to the case.
Hi, ive done the right thing i guess but will still make sure and look again. Isnt front panel just all power/reset/light/usb in 1 cable? Yeah just forgot the stand off but readed that the NZXT H500 has pre-installed stand off and got 1 stand off in box not used it.

Hi, ive done the right thing i guess but will still make sure and look again. Isnt front panel just all power/reset/light/usb in 1 cable? Yeah just forgot the stand off but readed that the NZXT H500 has pre-installed stand off and got 1 stand off in box not used it.

Not all cases have them as one cable, and not all motherboards have a matching header for that one cable. There may be a single connection for the power and lights but USB, audio, fans, etc.. would not be. Only way to know is go over the manual to both and match them up.

Feb 14, 2019
Not all cases have them as one cable, and not all motherboards have a matching header for that one cable. There may be a single connection for the power and lights but USB, audio, fans, etc.. would not be. Only way to know is go over the manual to both and match them up.
Hey seems the cables that came with the case were all in one cable expect the cases and usb, had trouble starting up pc and seems there was a problem with psu. Send them back and they said they put the wrong cables from other psu. Theyre sending back the psu with the right cables tomorrow. Are the cables from each psu really different?

Hey seems the cables that came with the case were all in one cable expect the cases and usb, had trouble starting up pc and seems there was a problem with psu. Send them back and they said they put the wrong cables from other psu. Theyre sending back the psu with the right cables tomorrow. Are the cables from each psu really different?

You don't want to mix brands and models of power supply cables. Not all may be different but you don't want to use the wrong one and find out the hard way.
If you are building this system, how did you get a new power supply with the wrong cables? Very odd. Hopefully you did not get some cheap power supply, that is usually the worse thing you can do when building a computer.

Feb 14, 2019
You don't want to mix brands and models of power supply cables. Not all may be different but you don't want to use the wrong one and find out the hard way.
If you are building this system, how did you get a new power supply with the wrong cables? Very odd. Hopefully you did not get some cheap power supply, that is usually the worse thing you can do when building a computer.
No idea, hopefully it will work now im about to try it in a few hours thanks!

TRENDING THREADS