Confused by Instructions from easeUS Partition Master

thechuck11

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
This is a picture of the instructions. I don't quite understand what to do once the copying/cloning is done because the second step seems to contradict the last *. So basically my question is, what are the steps I should take once the process is complete in order to make my new drive bootable in order to replace my old drive?

Solution
when you test the clone target drive to see if it will boot, if it doesn't i'd suggest installing the windows dvd and selecting "repair installation".

If cloning from one sata drive to another, if i don't select the "sector by sector" option at the bottom of the 2nd page (where you select the target drive), then the target drive will not boot and i suspect it's skipped the partition that is un-lettered (or not identified with a letter). Repairing the installation corrects this and afterwards it will boot fine.

Running a sector by sector clone, i've had no isses booting

Note - this only started after i built a new PC with a UEFI BIOS.

Then when i installed a PCIe M.2 SSD, regardless of sector by sector, i need to use the win dvd for...
when you test the clone target drive to see if it will boot, if it doesn't i'd suggest installing the windows dvd and selecting "repair installation".

If cloning from one sata drive to another, if i don't select the "sector by sector" option at the bottom of the 2nd page (where you select the target drive), then the target drive will not boot and i suspect it's skipped the partition that is un-lettered (or not identified with a letter). Repairing the installation corrects this and afterwards it will boot fine.

Running a sector by sector clone, i've had no isses booting

Note - this only started after i built a new PC with a UEFI BIOS.

Then when i installed a PCIe M.2 SSD, regardless of sector by sector, i need to use the win dvd for a "repair" - and i suspect it has something to do with the fact i'm cloning from a PCIe SSD to a Sata SSD.

to make it less confusing, i'd also suggest downloading and using EaseUS ToDo Backup - much simply user interface - not sure why they include it in their partition manager utility

hope that helps

Solution