[SOLVED] Confused: In load CPU runs Cooler?

FaithOnHuman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015
Hey, I am sooo confused! I have a 9700k on a Gigabyte Aorus Motherboard, cooled by a 212 Evo. When I am browsing the web the temps are quite high 50-55C, in full load AIDA64 the temps went up to 70-78C. In regular loads e.g. editing, or in after effects the temps are about 45-50. HOW is this possible? When I am browsing the web the fan of 212evo runs silent, in full load it is quite loud and in after effects is just ok (you can slightly hear it).

What's wrong with this build? maybe the fault is on MO's silent fan thing? Also, my GPU RTX2070 does not even turn the fans on when I am not editing or gaming. Should i change the CPU cooler? add more fans to my case? (i got a Corsair Carbide 200R with 2 fans -one front, one back-). As i wrote in a previous post, i was thinking to change the Cpu Cooler with Noctua DH15S and replace my 6yo corsair case fans with Noctua NF A12x25pwm fans...

i know that the temps are "οk" but since I am planning to keep this build for at least 2-3 years so I want it to last ♥

Solution
The BIOS has fan settings based on CPU temps. Your preferences are set to "quiet". That is why the fan on the 212 is silent.
You can change your BIOS preferences. But I wouldn't worry about it. Your temps are fine. Your CPU longevity won't be reduced.

kanewolf

Titan
The BIOS has fan settings based on CPU temps. Your preferences are set to "quiet". That is why the fan on the 212 is silent.
You can change your BIOS preferences. But I wouldn't worry about it. Your temps are fine. Your CPU longevity won't be reduced.

Solution

FaithOnHuman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015

okk thank u ♥ , so since there is nothing {wrong} with the cpu I guess upgrading the CPU cooler will lower the temps and minimize the noise when the CPU is under heavy load (the 212 Evo fan sounds like a turbo engine lol )