[SOLVED] Confused on M.2 SATA drives.

Dec 22, 2018
I'm trying to buy a new SSD for my laptop from crucial but when I go to their main website and type in my laptop's model, it says the drive isn't compatible.

Here's what I'm trying to buy:
https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-MX500-500GB-2280SS-Internal/dp/B077SQ8J1V/

The old SSD that died/IO'd on me was, Hynix HFS128G39TND. My Laptop model is, VX5-591G-5652.

From what I'm understanding the Crucial should be compatible as both are SATA m.2 SSDs. For those that are wondering why I'm not getting the typical fat one, it is because I'm using a non SSD drive for music and such. I'm just trying to figure out if this will work or not before purchasing.

Solution
I would purchase it ONLY if the vendor states you may return it if it is not compatible. Why it might not work ? Because Crucial says so ? The size difference sticks out to me :Laptops are so customized the bios may fit one machine and that configuration only. It is worth a try if its returnable. Of course you could do the easy thing and buy a unit Crucial says will work (if any )
I would purchase it ONLY if the vendor states you may return it if it is not compatible. Why it might not work ? Because Crucial says so ? The size difference sticks out to me :Laptops are so customized the bios may fit one machine and that configuration only. It is worth a try if its returnable. Of course you could do the easy thing and buy a unit Crucial says will work (if any )

Solution

TRENDING THREADS