[SOLVED] confused what to buy gtx 1060 Expedition vs Dual

Mar 3, 2019
Hello,
i'm here to ask what do you recommand me to buy
ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL-GTX1060-O6G
OR
ASUS GEFORCE GTX 1060 EX-GTX1060-O6G

notice that they have the same price in my country.

mainly what im about to do with the gpu is working with CNN's (deep learning ) & gaming.
thanks in advance!

Solution
You can't go wrong with either, both will perform very close but if it were me I'd go Asus. No particular reason, just like Asus more then Gigabyte.
The more powerful the GPU is, the better for deep learning.
Even though AMD RX and Vega are very strong on deep learning, there isn't a large community compared with Nvidia CUDA.
If you are a beginner you might need support and AMD is lacking on that area.

Mar 3, 2019
Hello,
as mentioned in the title , is there a difference between the OC edition and the non-OC ( well of course besides clockspeed ), any other features that makes the OC better ?
and will it come with a silent profile so i can make it the same as a non-OC or in another meaning i set it in a profile like the non-OC has.
my main question is : Can i stop the OC on the OC card ?

notice that they have the same price in my country.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019
Why would you want to underclock , a 1060 , they don't have thermal issues , with a factory overclock.
i don't need it to be honest , but they have here the same price so why wouldn't i get a good cooling,..etc for the same price, also it's reliable a bit if you see it in a way that the non-OC may be the chips that failed the overclocking comparing to the Factory overclocked one.