Confused which router to buy

Jun 30, 2018
Hi everyone

Ok so i am upgrading my modem speed at home to 1 Gbps, i need to buy a new router which support that speed because the one i have now is old. I used google/youtube/amazon and still confused which router i need to buy ?

I dont want to buy a router that has features i will not use.

My house is big and many devices will connect to the router, i play games a lot PS4/PC. My internet is fiber optic.

I hope someone just give me the point and i end with this confusing!

Thanks

Solution
To take advantage of gigabit internet service, you need to have most devices on a wired connection. WIFI will not take advantage of gigabit speeds. A large house probably needs multiple WIFI sources to get good coverage. Lots of connected devices, especially if they are WIFI also benefits from multiple WIFI sources.
IF you have a good wired infrastructure in the house, then get several WIFI access points. Put as many devices as possible on 5Ghz WIFI and hard wire all stationary devices like PCs, the PS4, TVs, etc.
A home WIFI router will not fully utilize your internet speeds.

kanewolf

Titan
To take advantage of gigabit internet service, you need to have most devices on a wired connection. WIFI will not take advantage of gigabit speeds. A large house probably needs multiple WIFI sources to get good coverage. Lots of connected devices, especially if they are WIFI also benefits from multiple WIFI sources.
IF you have a good wired infrastructure in the house, then get several WIFI access points. Put as many devices as possible on 5Ghz WIFI and hard wire all stationary devices like PCs, the PS4, TVs, etc.
A home WIFI router will not fully utilize your internet speeds.

Solution