Confused with NT 4.

nicole

Ok I got this computer from work and it has windows NT on it, I want to completely take off NT and every thing that is on the computer so that all work information is gone incase I ever pass it on. I want to replace the OS with Windows ME. When I put in the ME disk it says that I can not install Me while in Nt and to go to Dos. Now I'm not completely stupid, but I am so lost at this point as to how to achive my goal. In layman's terms gentelman, what is the process to reach my final goal? I need none of the information on the computer, just a fresh start wanted. I have read many of your answers to other peoples questions, but I'm still a little foggy as to the process. Please help.

How to Manually Remove Windows NT or Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301670