confusing driver issue

CAMILOGOD

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
I'm running windows 10 with all the latest updates. I purchased a wireless xbox one controller and i'm waiting for the windows adapter but for now i'm using a usb cable. When I first plugged it in, it said unknown device and I did something dumb and uninstalled it to try again, but now when I plug the controller back in, it vibrates and the light flashes but its not showing up in device manager and my computer isnt picking it up at all. I tried the older drivers before the windows update which now includes the driver but still nothing.
Any help would be appreciated.

Unplug the controller.
Restart your PC.
Plug the controller again. Windows should install the driver automatically.
In Device Manager, right-click on the device and then select Update Driver Software…
Click on "Search automatically for Updated driver software". Windows should thenwill install a new driver automatically.

note: To install the Microsoft Xbox One Controller driver, make sure you have installed the latest .net framework 4.5 already installed

CAMILOGOD

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012

thanks for the helpful reply but unfortunately ive tried all of that

Have you checked your device manager for a item with a yellow icon? Have you plugged the controller in and selected scan for hardware changes?

CAMILOGOD

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012

Yup I have