Question Confusing problem, need help!

Dec 22, 2019
So i have my PC plugged in to my modem directly right now, trying to bypass any problems whatsoever, i run a speed test and i get a download speed of somewhere between 400mb/s and 500mb/s I think thats awesome go to download a game, and get 50mb/s for about 2 minutes. After those two minutes i drop to about 200kb/s and go between no connection to 200kb/s until i reset the internet again for the 40000000 time.
Now as I said im currently connected directly to the modem. i was previously connected to an ethernet switch, then the router, then the modem. I'm using a brand new Cat6 cable, and there is absolutely nothing else connecting to the internet right now. I've factory reset my modem. Just had the ISP tech out here today, they replaced the cable from the road to the house because it was getting drops in service on their end. Awesome that mustve been it. nope just kidding. Ok well heres a new modem, also not working. so I'm fairly confident it isnt on my ISP side at this point especially since even on my PC i can get 400mb/s on a speedtest no problem.
So now that ive replaced literally everything (router is brand new like a month ago) cable is brand new last night, modem brand new today. Im directly connected to the modem, I have flushed my DNS im really just lost on what else to do at this point to fix it, this is only affecting my one computer that is brand new was working perfectly fine 3 days ago and now cant get internet for some horrible reason, my other PC can hold a steady 50MB/s download on Steam using the exact same setup soooo yeah. does anybody know what i need to do? cus i would really love to be able to use my new computer.
thanks in advance!

Dec 22, 2019
I've scanned for malware and didn't have any, my NIC driver is up to date, and sadly my Motherboard only has one NIC so unless I go out and purchase an expansion PCI-E slot one then using another NIC is not an option. If neccesary i will of course buy a new NIC expansion card but would prefer i didnt have to lol

Let's rule out your new hardware. Boot up a linux live cd and test speeds there and see if the problems persist. If they do, hardware issue. If they don't, software issues.

Also, you can get a usb nic for testing and that should definitely rule out any nic issues, but not necessarily software issues.

Dec 22, 2019
ok im on a linux live (never used linux before so im completely clueless here) but i did manage to create a bootable, boot from it, and then go online and do a speedtest, im gettting comparable numbers to what i did on windows though and i dont have anything to actually test against such as steam or battle.net
prior to booting up on lubuntu, I went out and grabbed a wireless dongle, that worked ok for a bit, forced my motherboard to reinstall drivers for my ethernet port. So far this has been the most successfull for me, it allows my PC to work as i expect it to (so far) EXCEPT on the ONE thing im trying to get it to work on the most. I'm trying to download a game from the battle.net launcher and it will not connect at all or it will have limited download speed like 200kb/s
Meanwhile any steam game i try to download is managing 50mb/s+ no problem. so i suppose that i will be checking firewalls and internet security software to make sure that it isnt one of those stopping battle.net for some reason. if theres any other options that fit what im describing im happy to hear it. im completely lost at this point to be completely honest.