Question Confusion between which hardware is failing?

Nov 21, 2020
Hello I have an issue regarding my computer that I require help with the issue is that my computer randomly turns off whenever it feels like it and when it does turn off the RGB lights and fans are still running and also when it turns off the Bois light turns on and is froze white I cannot restart it with the buttons on the case and it only restarts if I pull the plug out or turn of the Power supply this is happening in a loop and I haven't found what is causing this yet here are some images to what i mean it also has a tendency it randomly fixes itself and sometimes when I start my pc it's fixed but other times I get the issue.

One more thing that I have noticed with my MSI motherboard is that whenever this happens the CPU light on the motherboard comes on and stays on until i turn my pc off or I pull the plug.

here are my specs.

CPU RYZEN 5 2600
Motherboard MSI B450 PRO M2
GPU GTX 1660 super Zotac
RAM HYPERX PREDATOR 16GB 3200
PSU LITE POWER 650W Thermaltake
HDD SEAGATE 1TB
SSD CRUCIAL 120GB

What I have tried

I have tried running it without one stick of memory tried running it without the hard drives tried running it without the GPU tried running it with a new GPU have tried running it with a different power supply tried changed the CMOS batteries replace the PSU Power cables tried to clean it out probably an overheating issue I have even tried running it without the memory but that wouldn't work either I really don't know what the issues are now but I have cornered it off in being either the CPU or the motherboard not sure which one it is I just need help here before I spend any money.

sTHZoo7B.JPG

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I would suggest you borrow a more reliably built PSU from the likes of Seasonic or Corsair, from a friend or neighbor that has at least 550W of power for the entire system and see if your system is stable.

That PSU you currently own is known more as an expensive paper weight around here.

Nov 21, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I would suggest you borrow a more reliably built PSU from the likes of Seasonic or Corsair, from a friend or neighbor that has at least 550W of power for the entire system and see if your system is stable.

That PSU you currently own is known more as an expensive paper weight around here.

The PSU most likely is not the Issue as its brand new one I got it because of this issue it was happening before aswell with my older power supply which was a EVGA 500w gold 80Plus