[SOLVED] [Confusion] Is Air Cooling just Placebo for PC?

Jul 28, 2020
Is Air Cooling just Placebo? Or does it really keep CPU(Processor) /CPU's case cool?
Because I don't think that air stock cooler can cool down a processor which is operating at 50 or 70°C.
When my PC boots up its stays around 40°C to little over 43°C. Isn't that hot?(Core i3 7th Gen)
I know I can be wrong. That's why I want you guys to clear my confusion!
Any good/Bad reply is appreciated!:)

Solution
I know, but how does it cool down 50-70°C aluminum heat sink just by blowing air on it?
Because 50-70C is too hot!
I can't understand that.
I hope you understand, what I wanna say...
50-70C, under load, is not "too hot".

How does it do it? The face of the cooler sits directly on the CPU face, with a TINY layer of thermal paste.
Heat is transferred through whatever pipes exist into the fins. The fins get warm. The fan blows air across those fins, moving that heat out into the case to be extracted through the case fans.

A liquid cooler works much the same way, except the "heat" is transferred to the liquid flowing through the pipes. These pipes go back and forth through the radiator, to be blown by the fans.

The 50-70C temp is...
Jul 28, 2020
I know, but how does it cool down 50-70°C aluminum heat sink just by blowing air on it?
I can't understand that.

USAFRet

Titan
I can't understand that.
50-70C, under load, is not "too hot".

How does it do it? The face of the cooler sits directly on the CPU face, with a TINY layer of thermal paste.
Heat is transferred through whatever pipes exist into the fins. The fins get warm. The fan blows air across those fins, moving that heat out into the case to be extracted through the case fans.

A liquid cooler works much the same way, except the "heat" is transferred to the liquid flowing through the pipes. These pipes go back and forth through the radiator, to be blown by the fans.

The 50-70C temp is the internal CPU temp, not the fins on the air cooler or radiator.

Reactions: Ash_GameKiller?
Solution