Question Confusion with 8 pin cpu

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
hhhhhhmmmm i don't see an reason why it would not fit. all looks standard to me. how is it not fitting? plastic shaped different? or the internal metal contacts different shape?

looking at the specs, i don't see anything special about either item

May 11, 2019
hhhhhhmmmm i don't see an reason why it would not fit. all looks standard to me. how is it not fitting? plastic shaped different? or the internal metal contacts different shape?

looking at the specs, i don't see anything special about either item
The plastic is different, they are not the same shape. The photo is a little blurry. But what I want to know is why they are different shaped. They are both 8 pins so I’m confused

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
often people confuse pcie connection with cpu one, but that's not the case here. i looked at the specs for mobo and psu and nothing to indicate there was non-standard connections.

so not sure why they are not right. i don't know of anything different about x79 vs other chipsets that would explain it. i'm gonna dig some and will get back, but i'm as confused as you are right now

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
No. That 4+4pin is what's used. However, you must actually fit the 2x halfs together, they are keyed with slots, to make a single 8pin. If you try them seperately, they don't fit. The snap tab goes on the inside of the mobo, not towards the outside.