Confusion with watts calculator, Help pls.

Oct 24, 2018
Hello friends. As you have read the title, I tell you that I am thinking about assembling my new PC.

The components of the PC that I want to join are:

* Intel Core i5 8400.
* Asus Rog Strix B360 Gaming.
* Kingston Hyper-X Predator 16GB DDR4 2666 MHZ (x1).
* Asus Rog Strix 8GB GeForce GTX 1070 Ti.
* HDD Seagate 7200rpm 1TB (x2).
* Blu-Ray Pioneer BDR-209DBK recorder.
* Fan Control NZXT Grid + v3.
* Corsair ML120 Pro Led fans (x5).
* Encore USB 2.0 Wi-Fi adapter.
* Corsair Carbide Spec-03.
* Seasonic Focus 80+ Gold 550W.

Now, checking some calculators of watts of different brands (asus, msi, cooler-master, etc), Outer vision and PC Part Picker, throw (in the majority) totals that do not match, recommending PSU of 650w or greater, when the sum of all the components at maximum load is about 399w, I understand that the quality and certification of the PSU is important and that's why I chose that PSU (even though I have doubts), further commented that I do not want to make any type of OverClock, so knowing this., How do you see the assembly? Will the PSU work?

Sorry for the wall of letters that you just read, but I need your unconditional help ... You are the experts and that is why I appeal to you, for the above, thank you very much and I remain attentive to your comments, kind regards.

PaulieVideos

Reputable
May 16, 2016
Hello
If the power supply has to output almost maximum wattage it's less efficient than if it has to output just 70% That's why the calculators give you more than you need. Of course it comes down to efficiency rating at that given PSU type as well. Your 550W power supply will work fine with your system but it will be somewhat inefficient.

Oct 24, 2018