Congress Adds 'CISA' To 'Omnibus' Budget Bill, Up To President Obama To Veto

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextheblue

Distinguished
I doubt he'll veto it unless there's something ELSE in there he actually doesn't like. He's all for NSA mass warrantless surveillance (whether directly or by making private companies collect and share). He only acts like he's not when someone like Snowden exposes what they're doing. Then it's "Oh I didn't know this was going on - I'm just the President! I first found out when I saw it on TV just like all you ignorant slobs, honest!"

Why don't they just call this what is really is, the "we're totally getting bank lobby money" bill. First they try to shoehorn anti-net law into the bill and now this? What's next? Pay double fees to comcast because they have a monopoly?

zfreak280

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
Of course Apple, Google, and Microsoft oppose this bill. They don't want government surveillance programs using bandwidth or resources from their own surveillance programs.

f-14

Distinguished
http://www.franken.senate.gov/?p=committees
Committee on the Judiciary

Subcommittees:

Privacy, Technology, and the Law (Ranking Member)
Antitrust, Competition Policy, and Consumer Rights
The Constitution
Crime and Terrorism
Immigration and the National Interest
The Judiciary Committee oversees important legal issues such as civil rights, consumer protection, crime, and judicial nominations. Most Senators on the Judiciary Committee are lawyers, but I'm not. So at first I thought it was unusual that I was appointed to Judiciary. But I did some research, and it turns out that most Minnesotans aren't lawyers either. So I decided to use my spot on this Committee to ask the common sense questions that regular Minnesotans would ask and ensure that someone was looking out for how these issues affect consumers, small businesses, and individuals' civil rights. It's actually a pretty great Committee for doing those things. My first week in the Senate I got a great chance to speak up for regular Minnesotans as part of the nomination hearing for Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, and I've since been involved in the discussion of how corporate donations will affect our American elections, and how the proposed NBC/Comcast merger is going to affect consumers.

I am the Ranking Member on the subcommittee on Privacy, Technology, and the Law which includes oversight of laws and policies governing the collection, protection, use, and dissemination of commercial information by the private sector, including online behavioral advertising; privacy within social networking websites and other online privacy issues; enforcement and implementation of commercial information privacy laws and policies; use of technology by the private sector to protect privacy, enhance transparency and encourage innovation; privacy standards for the collection, retention, use and dissemination of personally identifiable commercial information; and privacy implications of new or emerging technologies.

Learn more about the Senate Judiciary Committee:
http://judiciary.senate.gov/

Obama won't Veto this, in his speech he played ignorance on the NO-FLY list because he totally supports it. Knowing full well how crappy and abused the list is. Zero guidelines for getting on the list and riddled with abuse, with no legal avenue for getting off the list, which violates a person's constitutional rights to due process. You're essentially guilty with no proof, you lose your right to travel with no court room time to plead your innocence.

ThadeusD

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
If Obama is given the choice between defending your freedoms and spending ever more of your money then your freedoms are going to have a very, very bad day.

Tykkopoles

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015
I love how this gets made into an Obama-bashing thread... Or any president, for that matter. Remember, there are 535 infinitely more corrupt politicians that created CISA in the first place. It never surprises me that these bills keep coming up, since the people are too busy blaming the president currently in office instead of voting out 95% of Congress.

How messed up is it that the president is limited to 8 years maximum, yet some of the people in Congress have been there for FIFTY YEARS?!? I honestly do not understand why there is no term limits in Congress... New blood is definitely needed there.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_members_of_the_United_States_Congress_by_longevity_of_service

Status
Not open for further replies.