Congress Presses Facebook On Data Sharing With Chinese Companies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm glad someone finally cares about this. It is practically an unwritten requirement in China for companies to share data with the communist party, either directly or indirectly. If the party comes knocking and asking for things you aren't willing to give them, they will tell you to pack your bags and get out. Privacy, from the government at least, doesn't exist in China. The majority of Chinese social media is run by the state. My guess is that Facebook shares A LOT with the Chinese.

Now maybe they can investigate Apple as well as they tend to bend over backwards to try to please the communist regime, including sharing user data.

USAFRet

Titan
"Facebook" and "Zuckerberg" is not the problem.
Any other company in that same space, with any other originator/CEO...would be doing exactly the same thing.

Sharing and selling data is their entire business model.
Apple(mostly)/Google/Twitter/Snapchat/Microsoft(mostly)/etc etc etc....that is what they do.

Shut down facebook? That hurts everyone except zuckerberg. Well..everyone that uses it.

mischon123

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
We just need a law that says all data is available to everyone at no cost immediately but you cannot do anything with it. Marcs complete dataset would be available as would be mine or Trumps or Obamas or yours.
Anyway - most of the data they collect proved completely worthless and detrimental to their own companies growth and shareholder value is only momentary perceptive cents on the dollar value by those buying and selling stock, options of companies without intrinsic value in product like a webpage with different counters filing a log.

Status
Not open for further replies.