[SOLVED] Connceted a RGB remote control i bought for aliexpress and the cable got burned.

Jan 1, 2019
Hey.
I bought RGB fan's and remote controll from aliexpress called "Aigo" which suppose to be a good company compare to a cheap price, but the moment i connected the remote control to the PSU and turned my computer on the cable (from the remote control to the psu) got burned and there were alot of smoke all over the room.

The thing is...... i have a modular psu and i connected the cable to the GPU or CPU spot
is that the problem? the remote control just got way too much volt and got burned?

the second question is, if i turned the pc immediately off and the only thing that got damaged from the outside is the cable, what are the chances that i damaged one of the other parts in the pc

Thanks! :)

Solution
It sounds like you connected the Aigo to a purely 12v source it is probably burnt on the inside and should not be connected again. Trash it.

As for the rest of the system, you may have saved it but alot depends on your reaction time and the quality of your PSU.
Either way, you'll find out when you turn it back on.

popatim

Titan
It sounds like you connected the Aigo to a purely 12v source it is probably burnt on the inside and should not be connected again. Trash it.

As for the rest of the system, you may have saved it but alot depends on your reaction time and the quality of your PSU.
Either way, you'll find out when you turn it back on.

Solution
Jan 1, 2019

Thank you very much.
It seems like nothing got damaged.
I turned the pc on and everything seems fine.

I just need to buy a new remote control or cable now.