Connect 140mm Fan to VGA board

numity

Reputable
Nov 12, 2014
Hello friends, I need a help here, I'm using an asus GTX 980Ti strix, and combo Nzxt Kraken G10 + NZXT X41 for VGA cooling, my system has some problem with CAM (some of my software is conflicted with CAM) so I want to use MSI afterburner instead of CAM, so I need to connect the X41 140mm fan to VGA board, and I already have this
4-Pin_PWM_Fan_Connector_%28Male%29_to_4-Pin_Mini_GPU_Fan_Connector_%28Female%29__85503_zoom.jpg

-Question is, if I do this, is there enough electric for the fan? is this harm the mainboard of VGA?
Plus, the mainboard of VGA has kind of 6pin fan like this
19d.jpg
, if I plug the connector above into this, where do I plug that in? or I have to get the 6pin connector of the 6fan vga's stock cooler to get it works?

Thank you a lot!

Solution
there should be enough juice for the fan and if i understand you correctly this fan is helping cool your gtx 980Ti so your not leaving your GPU vulnerable to over heating do to a stock fan not being powered. I see no problem with powering your fan unless I missed something (ie like your disconnecting another GPU powered cooling device).

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
there should be enough juice for the fan and if i understand you correctly this fan is helping cool your gtx 980Ti so your not leaving your GPU vulnerable to over heating do to a stock fan not being powered. I see no problem with powering your fan unless I missed something (ie like your disconnecting another GPU powered cooling device).

Solution

numity

Reputable
Nov 12, 2014

Thanks for the answer, with the combo G10 + X41 now, my max temp on GTX 980TI is 67*C (not using CAM, so the fan is running at default speed), I just want it to more cooler just like when using CAM (about 54-56*C max temp)