[SOLVED] Connect 2 bluetooth earphones at same time to see movies from Computer

b22222c

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2014
Hi, Since my TV dont have bluetooth i see movies from my laptop connected to TV by HDMI cable and for sound connect a bluetooth earphone ... If i want to connect other bluetooth earphone to other person see the movie with me it can be done?

Solution
For wired headphones there are headphone splitters but for bluetooth I think you need a Bluetooth adapter.

There are some in form of PCIE cards, which provide WiFi and/or Bluetooth, however, you want to use them on a laptop so they're not compatible with your use case.

Some are small USB dongles and depending on model allow more than one device to be paired/connected. The USB dongle ones are usually around $15-20. Like this one here.

Some are bigger than dongles and are like USB flash drives, some have external antennas too. Some of these just have a broadcast mode and just allow audio transmission to headphones or headsets which is basically what you want I guess. Like this one here.

Apparently some of there are only...

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
For wired headphones there are headphone splitters but for bluetooth I think you need a Bluetooth adapter.

There are some in form of PCIE cards, which provide WiFi and/or Bluetooth, however, you want to use them on a laptop so they're not compatible with your use case.

Some are small USB dongles and depending on model allow more than one device to be paired/connected. The USB dongle ones are usually around $15-20. Like this one here.

Some are bigger than dongles and are like USB flash drives, some have external antennas too. Some of these just have a broadcast mode and just allow audio transmission to headphones or headsets which is basically what you want I guess. Like this one here.

Apparently some of there are only compatible with Windows and not other OSs, probably manufacturer just a makes drivers for Windows.

I don't personally know of a good quality model and have seen users complain that some of these adapters fail after a short while, or connections drop and so on. You can wait and see if other users here have any experience with these or actually know of good models.

Reactions: b22222c
Solution
bluetooth 5 allows connection two separate audio channels at the same time.
no splitter required. guess you can pair one headphone to the computer, then another headphone to the first headphone.

Microsoft wifi direct might work if someone makes the headset. (have not seen one)

personally, for tv we use a xbox one, with two Microsoft wireless headsets connected to xbox for independent volume control

info on doing this with one bluetooth 5 headset:
https://www.makeuseof.com/connect-multiple-bluetooth-audio-devices-windows/#:~:text=If your devices can pair with each other,,press the pairing button on the first speaker.

maybe something like this added to the laptop, then use 2 bluetooth headphones.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS