liranjp

Prominent
Mar 21, 2020
I have in my room a modem (connected to the wall plug) which is also a router and from it I have a wifi, I configured in another room a TP LINK router to connect to this wifi and made it as a repeater but since it's another floor the speed is poor and I need another solution. (connect a long cable from my room to the other floor isn't an option for me :/ )
I was thinking if it's possible to connect another modem in the other floor (connect it also to a wall plug) but whenever I do that the modem in my room disconnects. I know it might be vary between countries and ISP companies but someone told me if i configure the second modem correct it will be possible.
the ISP solution was to buy another ISP telephone account, of course their solution will be $$$$ but i thought maybe someone here has a solution for me.
so to make things short, is it possible to connect 2 modems to 2 different wall plug on the same ISP?
or if someone has another solution for me i'll be glad ( long cable isn't possible and adding a router as a repeater makes the speed slow (but maybe there's a solution to make it better??))

Solution
Moca is your friend in this situation. You'll be able to connect one moca adapter on each end (maybe even just one if your modem router combo supports moca), and have full gigabit over the moca link over your existing coax.

Now, you will need to make sure any coax splitters will pass moca signals, but that's the most complicated part. The moca adapters once they're on the same wire will just connect and work.
Moca is your friend in this situation. You'll be able to connect one moca adapter on each end (maybe even just one if your modem router combo supports moca), and have full gigabit over the moca link over your existing coax.

Now, you will need to make sure any coax splitters will pass moca signals, but that's the most complicated part. The moca adapters once they're on the same wire will just connect and work.

Solution

liranjp

Prominent
Mar 21, 2020

Moca is using the T.V connection cables?