[SOLVED] connect 2 pc with 2 routers

Doroni

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2014
hi guys
I have 2 pc 's connected to internet via router ( one for each pc ) the routers far away so it is impossible to use cable to connect them is there a way that i can remotely control from one pc the other one ?
Regards Doron
PS In past the 2 pc were connected to one router and I could use Remote Desktop Connection to do it

Reactions: Kracker7612
Solution
The solutions are pretty much the same as if you asked how do I connect to a pc in another persons house over the internet.
You can use port forwarding on the routers to allow things like remote desktop to work. This is not recommended on the actual internet because the data can be intercepted but if both routers are behind the same internet router it will not go outside your network. The connection method is pretty much the same you just use the private wan ip addresses rather than internet addresses.

You can also use the recommended internet solution and set vpn up between the 2 routers.
The solutions are pretty much the same as if you asked how do I connect to a pc in another persons house over the internet.
You can use port forwarding on the routers to allow things like remote desktop to work. This is not recommended on the actual internet because the data can be intercepted but if both routers are behind the same internet router it will not go outside your network. The connection method is pretty much the same you just use the private wan ip addresses rather than internet addresses.

You can also use the recommended internet solution and set vpn up between the 2 routers.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS